All reviewsuniversity clubgolf coursestove tophonor systemfull kitchenseparate bedroomlaundry basketserve breakfastmicrowave popcornfood barmba programpots and pansmichigan state universitycoffee makersmall apartmentstayed here for one nightgreat place to stay
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The rooms are nicely appointed: full refrigerator, stove, microwave & dishwasher. Everything you'd need to stay a week and study including wired complimentary internet. The beds fit tightly - very close to the wall. Not alot of extra space. The staff was extremely friendly, fresh cookies every night. HOT TIP: the front desk has an enormous collection of movies to borrow ~ nice touch! Cozy lobby. This property is connected via interior hallways to the Henry Center. First class operation but toiletries were lacking.... bring your own from home. The fan on my HVAC was noisy and ran all night, but the windows open for fresh air. Fantastic bargain rate!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are actually on the main walking floor. First floor rooms in the back are well concealed with windows which can be opened. NOT IDEAL for women traveling alone.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I love staying at the East Lansing Candlewood Suites. Fresh cookies on weekdays, clean and comfortable rooms and affordable suites. A big plus for me is that it is just down the road from the Livestock Pavillion and Exhibition Center at Michigan State University, which hosts a large selection of events, from the Great Lakes International Draft Horse Show to LlamaFest on Labor Day weekend. This hotel offers a special discount rate for events at the Pavillion, as well as for folks coming to the MSU Veterinary Clinic, so be sure to tell them if you qualify for their discounted rates.

Room Tip: the suites are the nicest, and the rooms at the back by the golf course are the quietest.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel four times, 12 days each time when attending classes for my Masters at MSU.

Room it's OK with everything you'd need but A/C is very noisy and every time I stayed there was a pretty bad smell in the room. Housekeeping was always spraying something in the room before a new customer, like they knew they had to mask some odors. Carpet is very dirty, if you walk on your bare feet it will take little time to notice it, forget white socks.

Housekeeping was rarely coming to check on my room. Although they say there should be some light refresh of the room every day, that happened maybe twice at the most in 12 days. Honestly I paid too much for what I got!!!

Room Tip: Very convenient if you the classes at the Herny Center for Executive Development
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
scout09, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

Please accept my sincere apologies for not providing a room that was exceptional. We pride ourselves in our commitment to quality here at the Candlewoods Suites, East Lansing and I regret that we failed to deliver. Your comments enable us to improve and I thank-you for letting us have the opportunity to make those areas better. I value your feedback and if I can be of furhter assistance please done't hesitate to contact me at 517-351-8181 xt 419

Reviewed September 4, 2011

As usual we were not disappointed. We have been stayng here 6-8 times a year ever since it opened and have never been disappointed. The staff is very professional and it shows in how the hotel is managed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Thank-you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites - East Lansing, Michigan. I'm delighted that you stay with us 6-8 times a year, that's wonderful! The team strives every day to provide an atmosphere that is professional and to create that "home away from home feeling" Again, thank-you for you positve comments and I look forward to welcoming you to the Candlewood Suites on a return trip.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. I awoke to blood on the pillows and a bed full of blood-filled bugs. My husband and I both received at least 100 bites combined and have been paranoid that we could have brought bugs home with us. My travels to places like India, Thailand and Brazil were on the cheap but I never had such a traumatizing hotel experience such as this. Will NEVER stay at a Candlewoods Suite ANYWHERE.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here ask the staff about their bug awareness and preparedness
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank ElleJayCash
scout09, General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

There is no industry hit as hard as ours when it comes to reports of bed bugs. While no hotel or any other facility is immune from the possibility of being affected, our management team takes a report of this magnitude very seriously as our guests health is our number one priority. If an investigation into a report proves positive, the necessary steps are taken to ensure the hotel is free of any and all pests. Any area found to be affected will under no circumstance be given to a guest without a certified clearance from the appropriate sources. Thank you for notifying our staff and for giving us the opportunity to address this so that we may continue to provide unfailing service and quality accommodations to all our future guests.