“Excellent Indian food in Lansing”

Swagath Indian Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 204 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian Cuisine
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I moved to Lansing, MI nearly one year back. Guess which place I go every week twice for dinner, Swagath restaurant. This restaurant is awesome.

I moved to US nearly 4 years back and I got to tell you, this is one of the best indian restaurants in the east coast.

The staff is very courteous and helpful. I can always request the Chef to make something "Indian" hot and spicy and not American version of Indian food whenever I miss "real" Indian food.

I would recommend this restaurant at the beat of my heart.

Below are the ones I like very much and will recommend to anyone.

1. Chappati (Indian Bread made with whole wheat)
2. Onion Uthappam (Thick dosa with onions, Cilantro and other spices).
3. Gobi Manchurian ( Deep fried battered Cauliflower).
4. Bagara Baingan (Gravy made with Eggplant).
5. Pongal (South Indian rice pressure cooked with spices).
6. Veg Samosa.

There are newer reviews for Swagath Indian Cuisine

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The butter chicken is wonderful. So is the chicken tikka masala. Comfort food. Atmosphere is pretty lacking. We do takeout all the time.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

my honest opinion i do travel a lot and i like indian food when i stopped at swagath indian cuisine i was home away from home food was very delicious and flavorful moreover place is managed by good waitressing and pleasant people. they have a wide variety of dishes including south indian the best dosa i ever had I cant wait to go back to swagath it will be my 7 visit in 2 months i strongly suggest it to everyone, surprisingly i see a lot of caucasians too.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Did not eat here but did shop at their attached store and found some wonderful items that I can not find at home! Prices were very reasonable for the items I wanted. Friendly family owned store!! On my destination list when I need more Curry!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Unfortunately there are not too many Indian restaurants in this area. This one may have the best food, and the wait staff is very helpful. The tandoori food is pretty good, including the breads ("naan") cooked in the tandoor.

However, sometimes the tandoor isn't working well, and the spices can be a bit overdone. (I don't mean too hot, I mean not subtle or well-rounded, as if too much pre-prepared spices were used.) This criticism is based on the amount charged; for this amount, I think it should be a bit better. If this were a less expensive restaurant, I would rank it "very good."

1  Thank plamichigan