This is a great hotel. Yes the rooms are a bit small and the bathrooms are too. However, it offers free attached covered parking, free use of 2 student pools (3 in summer), plus a great restaurant (The State Room). Across the street you can eat at the MSU Brody Hall Food Court ($6 breakfast, $9 dinners--the best deal in town). The Harrison Street Roadhouse Restaurant is across the street (another fun choice) as is the Quality Dairy if you need a snack.
Ask for a room facing the Red Cedar River for the best views.
One minor annoyance: they tack on a "$5 hotel fee" which is not quoted in the rate and mis-represented by some hotel staff as a government mandated tax. (Then they add sales tax to the fee to add insult to injury.) The Kellogg Center is not a casino and not a resort (and these facilities shouldn't add such a fee either.). They should increase the room rate by $5.30 if need be. Such pricing tactics are beneath Michigan State and this facility which trains future hospitality workers. Other than that, it's a great hotel. (PS This is the only area hotel I know of which has a Canadian channel on the TV which makes your visit almost international. Watch CBC at the Kellogg Center.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Michigan State University hotel gives you access to the best in Spartan activities and attractions in East Lansing, Michigan. Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center's prime location on the MSU campus gives you proximity to cultural, educational and athletic events, unique shopping, numerous dining options, museums and much more. Accommodations The Kellogg Center has 160 comfortable, contemporary guestrooms that boast pay-per-view movies, Wi-Fi, flat-screen televisions, plush bedding and more. Dining Housed in the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, the State Room Restaurant and lounge is one of the finest restaurants in the area, with an award-winning wine list, diverse seasonal menus, and private dining rooms. The restaurant received the 2015 Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator magazine for the tenth year in a row. Gift Shop The Shop at Kellogg carries a wide variety of MSU logoed clothing, gifts, and souvenirs, as well as sundries, magazines, newspapers, books and an assortment of snack items. Hours are 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 7 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kellogg Hotel And East Lansing
- Kellogg Hotel East Lansing