The staff are helpful and friendly and the location is great if you're attending a conference on campus. The bathrooms might be small but they are very inventively fitted out with excellent quality furnishings and are very good for people with mobility problems because the wet room style means there's step free access to wash. I had read the reviews on here so was prepared for small bathrooms and was impressed by the creative use of space.
The rooms are fine, the aircon is powerful and so I was either too hot or too cold and found it difficult to get a temperature that was just right.
The food is bad. We were eating with a conference delegation so I can't vouch for the main hotel breakfast. Our Breakfast was a sweet selection of muck, and despite being the Kellogg centre, no cornflakes or cereal of any description was served. There was no toast or egg. There was no milk, just cream for coffee. At lunch the food was ok, but unhealthy, and in the evening we were served over cooked fish, over boiled vegetables and a cheap bit of sponge with fresh cream and half a strawberry.
One evening we asked staff for restaurant recommendations in East Lansing. Big mistake because there is literally nowhere nice to eat. It's all student junk style food. We ended up at the Bistro in the Marriott hotel which was fine. Expensive and not great by any means, but fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Michigan State University hotel gives you access to the best in Spartan activities and attractions in East Lansing, Michigan. Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center's prime location on the MSU campus gives you proximity to cultural, educational and athletic events, unique shopping, numerous dining options, museums and much more. Accommodations The Kellogg Center has 160 comfortable, contemporary guestrooms that boast pay-per-view movies, Wi-Fi, flat-screen televisions, plush bedding and more. Dining Housed in the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, the State Room Restaurant and lounge is one of the finest restaurants in the area, with an award-winning wine list, diverse seasonal menus, and private dining rooms. The restaurant received the 2015 Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator magazine for the tenth year in a row. Gift Shop The Shop at Kellogg carries a wide variety of MSU logoed clothing, gifts, and souvenirs, as well as sundries, magazines, newspapers, books and an assortment of snack items. Hours are 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 7 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kellogg Hotel And East Lansing
- Kellogg Hotel East Lansing