“Great location”

and 1 more site!
Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are small and bathrooms are even smaller, but you can't beat the location. Walking distance to downtown, campus and sporting events. Premium rooms and suites are much more reasonably sized. Staff is also great and the State Room restaurant is fantastic with excellent food and an amazing Sunday brunch.

• Stayed: March 2013
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel and restaurant. I am so glad to hear that you were able to get the things you left behind in a timely manner. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel on the edge of the MSU campus was just fine. Room was modern and comfortable but for curtained shower stall. Restaurant was quite good. Conference facilities were as expected. MSU gift shop was different, but quaint. No reason not to stay here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had a very good experience staying at this hotel. I wanted a hotel that was closest to MSU, and this is the perfect location. I found the hotel to be nice , Iwouldnt say its the best hotel I have stayed at , but for the reason i needed to be in east lansing this hotel was perfect. I arrived early and my room was ready, The room i recieved was big ,it was clean the bathroom was large . the bed was very comfortable . they have a resturant /bar in the hotel which i thought was excellant food and they also have a very nice wine selection. I had to leave early in the morning , rushing to pack up I forgot a few things . the hotel callled me right away and sent what i had left behind. Which i recieved in two days. If i ever have to stay in East Lansing over night again , i would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive remarks regarding our hotel and the service you received. It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback and your comments will be shared with our staff.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a cold shower since the hot water was not running until 8 minutes of standing there. Then it scalded me. They will tell you one price and charge you another when you arrive, get something in writing or you will end up with bad charges on your credit card!

Room Tip: Do not rent one!
1  Thank Ethanpulka
Rebecca S, General Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Kellogg Center. I apologize for the problem you had with water temperature in your bathroom and have forwarded your concern to our engineering department. I encourage you to contact me directly regarding your room charges. I would be happy to review this with you and make an adjustment should an overcharge have occurred.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Odd shower. European style. Slippery floor. Cumbersome lighting switching throughout room. Beds were fine and the heater is a hard worker. The desk staff was wonderful. Conference center itself was sprawled all over

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can. Folks said those rooms were nicer.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you found our bathroom design not to your liking. We do have rooms with more traditional bathrooms as well as bathtubs which can be requested when making your reservation, or at the time of check-in, if available. We will pass on your positive comments to our desk staff, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

At first blush, entering the parking lot and the main lobby one would think it is a first class property.
And, for the conference rooms and related service based on my experience it about on par
With a Marriott. However, if your looking for an above average hotel room you will not find it here.
We just completed a two night stay the best part was being in the lobby rather then the room.
The rooms need maintenance peeling and damage door bases, sinks that are to shallow and do not drain. The major objection though is the rooms are dark. The wall paper closes the room in and there is a paucity of light.

1  Thank pen1
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that the guest room you occupied did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of refreshing many of our guest rooms including adding improved lighting and new carpeting. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our conference services and hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked a room here for my son and I to attend a conference on the Campus of Michigan State University. Having never been here before I was not sure what to expect. I did a little research and found many folks commenting about the bathrooms/showers. I understand the building was formerly dorms so some bathrooms are small. when I arrived they offered me an upgrade for 15 dollars per night. I took it and am so glad I did! Our room was like a mini suite,with desk space for two a wet bar and refrigerator. Two very comfy queen beds and a closet that actually had more than three hangars! A rare find indeed! The bathroom was actually quite spacious. The tub is a huge one with a spa/whirlpool kind of thing . Now the tub is a bit of a step up to get in so be careful! not for anyone with mobility issues. The shower head is mounted on the ceiling so it is actually tall enough for this tall gal! I like that!
Front desk staff were exemplary especially Chase! The lobby area is clean and spacious, lots of seating area down the hall from gift shop, which has all the Spartans gifts you could ever need. They give you a 20% off coupon too! Parking is ample, free and secure.We used room service for breakfast both day. It arrived on time, hot, and delicious! Served by a very polite young lady too!
The State Room restaurant inside the hotel was great! I will be doing a separate review of it. All in all this was a wonderful, safe, well located property. The price was reasonable and a value for qhat we got. I would stay here again if for no other reason than to see how lovely it is in Spring or Summer!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, do not get the room with a tub! Park on teh second floor of the garage...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive feedback you gave regarding our facility and have shared your wonderful review with our staff. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.