“The conference center is nice, the hotel rooms are not.”

Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Dexter, Michigan
“The conference center is nice, the hotel rooms are not.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

At first blush, entering the parking lot and the main lobby one would think it is a first class property.
And, for the conference rooms and related service based on my experience it about on par
With a Marriott. However, if your looking for an above average hotel room you will not find it here.
We just completed a two night stay the best part was being in the lobby rather then the room.
The rooms need maintenance peeling and damage door bases, sinks that are to shallow and do not drain. The major objection though is the rooms are dark. The wall paper closes the room in and there is a paucity of light.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pen1
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that the guest room you occupied did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of refreshing many of our guest rooms including adding improved lighting and new carpeting. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our conference services and hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked a room here for my son and I to attend a conference on the Campus of Michigan State University. Having never been here before I was not sure what to expect. I did a little research and found many folks commenting about the bathrooms/showers. I understand the building was formerly dorms so some bathrooms are small. when I arrived they offered me an upgrade for 15 dollars per night. I took it and am so glad I did! Our room was like a mini suite,with desk space for two a wet bar and refrigerator. Two very comfy queen beds and a closet that actually had more than three hangars! A rare find indeed! The bathroom was actually quite spacious. The tub is a huge one with a spa/whirlpool kind of thing . Now the tub is a bit of a step up to get in so be careful! not for anyone with mobility issues. The shower head is mounted on the ceiling so it is actually tall enough for this tall gal! I like that!
Front desk staff were exemplary especially Chase! The lobby area is clean and spacious, lots of seating area down the hall from gift shop, which has all the Spartans gifts you could ever need. They give you a 20% off coupon too! Parking is ample, free and secure.We used room service for breakfast both day. It arrived on time, hot, and delicious! Served by a very polite young lady too!
The State Room restaurant inside the hotel was great! I will be doing a separate review of it. All in all this was a wonderful, safe, well located property. The price was reasonable and a value for qhat we got. I would stay here again if for no other reason than to see how lovely it is in Spring or Summer!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, do not get the room with a tub! Park on teh second floor of the garage...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive feedback you gave regarding our facility and have shared your wonderful review with our staff. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great hotel when visiting your kids at Michigan State University. Very friendly staff, well stocked gift store where you can get all the MSU apparel and they give you 20% off. Very nice bar and restaurant. Rooms are very small but cozy and the bathroom is well equipped but small. Shower is part of the barhroom so it gets very wet but it is still really nice. Great location to campus. Great low price which includes breakfast for two. Books up fast for football games. Rooms are best for two people because of the size. Overall it is a very clean, comfortable and freindly place to stay.

Room Tip: I've stayed there several times and I usually get a room with two full size beds but this time I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
chicago, illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Front desk support was great -- very friendly. I specifically requested a room with a "tub" due to the bathroom/shower reviews & I was grateful that they honored that request. Even with a tub - it is a very strange bathroom design. Clearly intended for only 1 person. However, I will say that everything fresh, clean and new --- again, something I appreciate.

Unfortunately, you can hear EVERYTHING going on in the room next door & I think even across the hallway. Not terribly sound proof.

Ending review on a positive note -- food was VERY good! We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast!

Room Tip: Specifically ask for a room with a tub
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It was a pleasure to read your kind remarks regarding our front desk staff and the State Room Restaurant . I have shared your comments with our staff. Please accept my apology for the excessive noise levels on your guestroom floor. I understand your frustration and would like to personally assist you with any future reservations in order to provide the best room possible for your needs.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for a two day conference with a one night sleep-over in-between. I had read other reviews and was worried. No reason to be! My king room was comfortable and clean. Sure the bathroom shower is a little odd, but there are other traditional rooms in the hotel with a tub. What I liked best about this conference center was the great food, convenience of not having to leave the hotel if you didn't want to, and the hotel bar. The staff was friendly everywhere I went. Would I spend the night again? Yes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ariel W
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences here at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center. Our guest's vantage point gives us the best critique of our current operation. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive comments about our facility. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Michigan
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just like the other reviews, yes the rooms are small. And yes, the bathroom shower is different. However, I found the rooms to be attractive with updated furnishings and the same can be said for the bathroom (I personally did not mind the shower-who takes a bath at a hotel anyway!) It is perfect for a single traveler and a little tight for two. I really had no interaction with the staff so I can't speak to that. Parking is conveniently located in the garage next door. The bonus for this hotel is the location with the Breslin Center and football stadium just a short walk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience while staying at the Kellogg Center. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to serve you again in the near
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Perfect accommodation for business trips. Located in the lovely city of East Lansing. Connected to Lansing and Detroit. The room included all the comforts and was clean and with a nice view. Very professional personnel and good conference center.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay here at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center. Your vantage point gives us the best critique of our facility and services. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive comments.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#14 of 25 in Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing

Been to Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!