“Great place for a conference and sleep-over!”

and 1 more site!
Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for a two day conference with a one night sleep-over in-between. I had read other reviews and was worried. No reason to be! My king room was comfortable and clean. Sure the bathroom shower is a little odd, but there are other traditional rooms in the hotel with a tub. What I liked best about this conference center was the great food, convenience of not having to leave the hotel if you didn't want to, and the hotel bar. The staff was friendly everywhere I went. Would I spend the night again? Yes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ariel W
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences here at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center. Our guest's vantage point gives us the best critique of our current operation. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive comments about our facility. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just like the other reviews, yes the rooms are small. And yes, the bathroom shower is different. However, I found the rooms to be attractive with updated furnishings and the same can be said for the bathroom (I personally did not mind the shower-who takes a bath at a hotel anyway!) It is perfect for a single traveler and a little tight for two. I really had no interaction with the staff so I can't speak to that. Parking is conveniently located in the garage next door. The bonus for this hotel is the location with the Breslin Center and football stadium just a short walk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience while staying at the Kellogg Center. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to serve you again in the near

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Perfect accommodation for business trips. Located in the lovely city of East Lansing. Connected to Lansing and Detroit. The room included all the comforts and was clean and with a nice view. Very professional personnel and good conference center.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay here at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center. Your vantage point gives us the best critique of our facility and services. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive comments.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is essentially the size of something I stayed in as a budget traveler in Tokyo. There is absolutely no reason that a hotel room in rural Michigan would ever need to be that size. The bathroom is also the same operation as you would find on a boat - the toilet/sink area also becomes the shower - the shower head hangs from the middle of the ceiling. This is really a crazy operation of a hotel. I have no idea what else is available in East Lansing, but I would never recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nina H
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

I am sorry that you found the design of your room and bathroom unsatisfactory. When renovating the standard guest bathrooms, we chose a design we felt would utilize the available space in the most efficient way possible. For guests who prefer a larger room or traditional bathroom design, we offer a variety of room sizes including suites and rooms with bathtubs, which can be requested when making a reservation or at the time of check-in, based on availability.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my 3rd or 4th stay, I usually have nothing bad to say about this hotel. This time was a different story. When I checked in I was the only person in the lobby, the man at the desk seemed to be bothered that I was there. He was very abrupt, didn't explain the breakfast coupons or the discount in the store, or the shuttle-all things that have been mentioned in the past. Then, I left my room at 9 am returned at 8:30 pm and it had not been cleaned!! I called the desk to let them know, she said ohhh! I can send someone up, I just requested clean towels. It is disappointing to stay in such a nice hotel and get such bad service.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the reception your received when checking in. We have followed up on this to ensure that all front desk personnel understand the importance of providing our guests with the highest level of customer service possible. In regards to the cleaning of your room, if a guest has a "Do Not Disturb" sign on their door when the housekeeping staff comes around, it is our policy not to enter the room.

We are glad that your past stays with us have all been positive experiences and hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The room was small. Well equipped, but small. The bathroom was very small. No path tub! You can pull a curtain around one corner but the entire barroom floor will be wet. Careful not to slip!

The staff wee nice except for one lady who seemed to be annoyed by my questions. The young lady who drives the shuttle is extremely nice.

Breakfast not included. Free wifi. Very good food at the restaurant. I think the hotel is overpriced.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank MoNabhan
Rebecca S, General Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed many times at the Kellogg Center. But this time the assistance they provided in transportation to the stadium for a disabled member of my family, on game day, at no charge, was incredibly thoughtful and kind. It allowed him to experience what may be his last big ten stadium game. The only drawback to the rooms is the lighting which, in the spirit of conservation, is so dark as to make it difficult to see. But the service is consistently top notch.

• Stayed: November 2012
Rebecca S, General Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that your family member was able to attend the game and that your stay with us was a positive experience. It is always our goal to make every guest's stay as enjoyable as possible, and hearing about how our efforts contributed to creating a lasting memory for you and your family is a wonderful reminder of "why we do, what we do".

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol

Been to Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!