We just spent two nights at the Kellogg Center while our teenagers visited Michigan State. It was a lovely stay-and after having read some of the negative commentary on this site, I have to assume that the rooms were recently renovated.
Our room was normal-sized, very modern and comfortable. It included two double beds, two desks/workstations, a couch that pulled out into a single bed, a wet bar, and a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub/shower combo. Parking and wifi were complimentary. The location was right across the street from some MSU dorms and right down the block from the basketball stadium. Campustown was a 5 min walk away (although the city buses stopped right outside as well).
Check in was easy and professional. Besides reception, the main floor included a lobby shop/MSU spirit store, a bar and a restaurant. Prices were reasonable and service was pleasant.
All in all, the hotel offered everything we could want for a nice visit to MSU-we will certainly stay there again should we return to the area..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Michigan State University hotel gives you access to the best in Spartan activities and attractions in East Lansing, Michigan. Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center's prime location on the MSU campus gives you proximity to cultural, educational and athletic events, unique shopping, numerous dining options, museums and much more. Accommodations The Kellogg Center has 160 comfortable, contemporary guestrooms that boast pay-per-view movies, Wi-Fi, flat-screen televisions, plush bedding and more. Dining Housed in the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, the State Room Restaurant and lounge is one of the finest restaurants in the area, with an award-winning wine list, diverse seasonal menus, and private dining rooms. The restaurant received the 2015 Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator magazine for the tenth year in a row. Gift Shop The Shop at Kellogg carries a wide variety of MSU logoed clothing, gifts, and souvenirs, as well as sundries, magazines, newspapers, books and an assortment of snack items. Hours are 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 7 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kellogg Hotel And East Lansing
- Kellogg Hotel East Lansing