“If you want to sleep go somewhere else”

Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
NJ
“If you want to sleep go somewhere else”
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I visited this hotel for one night just to find a place to lay my head after a long day and had an early flight. The staff was great however, it was the noise factor that caused me to be dissatified. The hotel is loud. You can hear people in the hall all throughout the night and hear doors closing. I was a little upset since I had to leave at 4am. So much for trying to go to bed at 9pm. With all the noise I would pick another hotel with thicker walls.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sugar10247

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This is an OK hotel. Nothing really special, the rooms are standard, but worn. The service is marginal. I called for directions on how to get to the hotel, and the person had no idea how to get there. There just has to be otheroptions in East Lansing.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I cannot believe the previous good reviews. I have been here every week for 4 weeks (not my choice).I travel extensively for work so I am not a new traveler. The first time I was given a room that had some kind of sewage problem and the maids hung air fresheners all over the room. (Why on earth would a hotel give that room to anyone??) The second stay was in a room on the first floor and the walls are paper thin so the noise from above was very loud. The next stay was longer- 4 days. I bought a white noise husher before coming. I requested foam pillows (they advertise that they have foam available)because I am allergic to feathers. The front desk rudely told me they do not have any other pillows (she basically said "too bad").
The hallways and elevator are dirty. The heaters make terrible noises. While there I saw many guests at the desk complaining about non-working TVs,broken heaters, noise,broken toilets asking for different rooms.
There are a lot of different places to stay.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank valentine2010
las vegas, nv
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Have stayed at this Hampton Inn over twenty times. Their new renovations are now complete to the lobby and breakfast area. Really beautifully done and an excellent addition to this hotel. The rooms have been renovated also. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The management is excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and will be staying there again in January.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cyberbelle
NORTHERN MICHIGAN
Reviewed April 22, 2009

The Hampton Inn East lansing is located near the Busy I-127 and Michigan State university . We have stayed at this property numerous times . It is about 1/2 mile from the Eastwood Town Center shopping complex . Staff always have a smile for you and checkin is always easy . There is a Applebees Tavern on the property and a Meijers and Krogers stores nearby and several restaurants . Room are neat and clean and they offer free parking .

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Stayed here five nights on business in mid-December. Overall, this is a very good Hampton. It is located just off US 127 freeway, so it is easy to get where you need to go. There is also a Meijer store (just like a Super WalMart) right next door, as well as an Applebee's restaurant. There is a Kroger grocery store and a Burger King across the street.

The bed was very comfortable and everything was clean and in great working order. There was a small fridge and a microwave in the room - I believe this is standard for all rooms. The only problem was that there is significant noise from the room above. The floors carry LOTS of noise to the rooms below. Not only did I hear every footstep above me, but my co-worker in the room right below me heard me - so I tried to walk lightly!

The breakfast was good three of the mornings. The first two, they served some kind of scrambled eggs from a mix along with sliced link sausage (and the other typical Hampton fare). Those two mornings I went over to Burger King. The other three mornings they had biscuits, sausage patties, and those cooked eggs that sort of look fake, but are ok for sausage egg biscuit sandwiches.

The indoor pool was warm enough and sparkling clean! The hot tub was definitely hot enough and also sparkling.

The free wireless Internet worked great and there is a computer and printer in the lobby area. Fairly limited tv channels.

The staff is very friendly and willing to do whatever is necessary.

I will most likely stay here again on my next trip to the Lansing area.

I can definitely recommend this hotel - just watch for the scrambled egg mix and try to get a room on the fourth floor.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — noise from the room above
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank toomuchtravel
North Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I stayed here for only one night, on business. I'm a frequent Hilton hotels guest, and can say that this Hampton Inn is extremely well run, and that my stay was very pleasant. I was upgraded (that happens very very rarely!) to a gorgeous jacuzzi room, the staff was exceedingly pleasant without being obsequious at all, and the breakfast buffet was plentiful. The hotel manager greeted us at breakfast to ask about our stay, and wait staff came with freshly baked coffee cake delivered right at our table, to add to the ample buffet. My only quibble is that the fitness room is tiny, and that there were no towels there when I arrived at 6:45am. All in all, a very very good experience.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Tiny fitness room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NorthPotomac
#4 of 9 in East Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#14 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!