“Minimal service- HHonors Diamond member” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn East Lansing

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Indianapolis, IN
“Minimal service- HHonors Diamond member”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Room, breakfast, lobby, etc. were average for Hampton Inns (good enough for me or anyone I travel with) but the service was pretty relaxed to be honest.
The staff did not go out of their way for anything. I had forgotten a few supply items like a toothbrush and they just responded with- "Well, sorry we are out of toothbrushes". No lead to getting one or trying to see if one could be found.
Location is close to many places to eat, MSU, and is very close to the highway.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear "ZMAN3411",

I'd like to apologize for not giving you above average service while you stayed with us. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, but I'd like to invite you back to give us another try in the service department. Come back soon!

-Ashley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Southfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I loved the hotel. It was clean! There was a pool, exercise facility and Internet access. I also received an AARP discount, along with the fact it was close to my weekend destination. The staff was also very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Letitia J,

I'm pleased to hear you had an awesome stay with us! We would love to host you again next time you're in East Lansing.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have stayed at this property several times and it is always consistent. Traveling with the dog, it is in a nice neighborhood so I could take him on walks regardless of time of day. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful. Good restaturants are in walking distance and it is close to the highway. The rooms are super clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank raghag
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear "raghag",

I greatly appreciate your review and I'm so glad you're able to travel with your dog and walk him in our neighborhood. The new larger sidewalk the city put in is perfect for that! Thank you for choosing us as your destination when traveling all the way from Columbus. We hope to see you and your "fur-baby" again soon.

Litchfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a very fine hotel with reasonable rates for parents visiting their childrend at Michigan State. It is about a 5-minute drive from campus and offers an affordable alternative to staying closer to the college.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Mark Y.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review informing other readers of our convenient location. We hope you come back and visit your child(ren) often and stay with us again!

Davison, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great Breakfast and dining room spacious. Beds comfortable, rooms quiet. Good location, easy access to highway and town. Within walking distance to an Applebees and Meijer. Staff friendly and helpful with directions, accommodating when needed . Pool area disappointing and in need of updating and repair. Floors in rooms could be cleaned a little better. Housekeeping may need to police the floors a bit more.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Jean A.,

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed our new breakfast items. However, I am sorry you weren't pleased with the pool area. I'd love to hear your ideas on ways to fix it up. Give us a call any time.

Washington DC, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Overall, the quality of my stay was about what you would expect from a hotel, however, the lack of foreknowledge that 3 of the 4 entrances to the hotel parking lot were blocked off due to road construction was problematic. In addition, the construction crews worked from 10 pm until 6 am next to my wing. As I woke up around 5 am to meet my client daily during my stay, this was a disturbance would have impacted my decision on hotel consideration.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Frank C
Dear Frank C.,

I do apologize for the construction that is outside of my control. I understand why this would be an inconvenience and I'm sorry we did not notify you prior to your arrival. It will be finished in just a few days, so I hope you're able to make it back to East Lansing and give us another try. Thank you for writing a review of the property. We hope to see you again!

-Ashley
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was my first time staying here, it was great!! Nice hotel and great breakfast. Beds & rooms were very comfortable. It is walking distance to the Applebee's located next door and that was nice. I would would stay again next time I am in the area

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Laura B.,

I'm so glad you had such a pleasant stay! Thank you for sharing your great experience with all of our future guests. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. Come back and see us sometime!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
#3 of 9 in East Lansing
Courtyard Lansing
Courtyard Lansing
#8 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!