“Slept well!”

Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
“Slept well!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed at this older Hampton due to proximity to MSU campus. Was worried that it might not be as nice as the new one in E Lansing --- but this was a very pleasant experience. This propery had been remodeled & grounds were well maintained. Hotel was clean, updated decor, very,very sound-proofed sleeping room, soft white bed linens, good AC/heat -- didn't get cold! Also, very nice lobby lounging area & a decent breakfast bar (enjoyed the waffle) at no extra charge. Great coffee & a very nice staff. I would stay here again. Did find it concerning that hotel doesn't participate in local food bank to utilize leftover food items each day ... it is thrown away. Very wasteful in this time when we are working to provide support to the poor in our community. Hampton Administration -- talk to your local health system (major hospital) about the 'hunger initiative' or Come to the Table projects -- feed your community!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear "313jeffreyl",

I'm glad you were able to sleep well while staying with us. We strive to make our guests feel comfortable, and it's great to know you were pleased with our property. We have discussed your suggestion of taking our left over breakfast items to a local shelter; it is a great idea! Come back and see us again any time!

Ashley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My friend made our hotel reservations for our trip to Lansing to take 3 teenagers to Shuto Con. The Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful as both of us have back issues. We were able to receive adjoining rooms to allow the teens access to each other as they were getting ready for the Con. (Anime Convention) Beds were great, room very clean and they had to rush to clean them because for some reason no one notified housekeeping we were checking in early. The front desk staff was amazing, helpful, friendly and went about and beyond anything we could have asked of her. Other then the housekeeping mix up (I guess it is was a matter of not transferring the early check in request to them) was the noise we had kids on the floor about us that kept running up and down the hallway until 10:30 ish last night and again this morning but it actually sounded like they were launching themselves off the bed this all started around 6:15 this morning. There was also a very very loud wedding party staying at the hotel and they were a little rude. I called down to the desk and they called the room and things did quiet down some. I will consider this Hotel again for next years convention but may ask for the top floor.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and maybe use the top floor to prevent the noise issues we had with so many...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear "tiredmomoftwo",

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the miscommunication between the Front Desk staff and Housekeeping department regarding your request of an early check in. I hope you consider us again in the nearby future and we are able to accommodate your requests. Hopefully there won't be any noisy guests to disturb you!

Have a great weekend,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Definitely not a good place to stay. Being on the first floor, it was loud even in the evening. The cleaning staff tried to enter my room at 7 am (I forgot to place the do not disturb notice on the door). I found hair on my bed. I knew it wasn't mine because I'm bald. The front desk staff in the evening was utter abnoxious.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear "Solange_Shiraz",

I appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that you received a poor level of customer service.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Modesto, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Hampton Inn on Coolidge was warm and clean, has a business center with a printer and serves plenty of choices for the complimentary breakfast. The 24 hour "mega" store and the Applebee's restaurant next door was a bonus during the snowy weather.

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet...easy walking distance to restaurants and to Meijers. Looks a bit difficult to find, but an easy off/on from the highway. Breakfast is much more than the normal rolls and cereal. There was sausage, omelettes, fresh fruit, hot oatmeal, build-yourself waffles, yogurt and much more. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I did not use the pool, but it looked nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear "Momcop",

I'm so glad you enjoyed our new breakfast items. We rotate new items every day, so come back again to see what else we have! I hope you do make it back to East Lansing, so you can relax in our large pool area! Thank you for writing a review. See you soon.

-Ashley
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just got back from a three night stay.
I read the review on here about the noise issue, so I did e-checkin, selecting a room on a high floor, away from the elevators. The e-checkin system had a distinction between an interconnecting room and non-interconnecting, so naturally, I chose the non-, since the door in the room is kinda creepy when you can hear the person in the next room.

When I got there (Sunday night), I stressed again, that I wanted a non-connecting room, since I did not care for extra door. I was told "well, you got the room you asked for, you used e-checkin online" Yes, true.

I Got to the room and it was interconnecting...
I stayed in it anyway, since it technically was the room I had asked for.
On day 2 the person in the next room seemed to have connected a games console to the TV and was playing some shooting game, lots of simulated gunfire sounds.

Another issue that I experienced was the window. It didn't even close properly!
there's no way to push down enough to get the metal tabs to slide under the frame, so I was forced to push them into it, which pushes the window back far enough to make a gap for noise to come through from the street and cold air, which in-turn caused the heating to come on (noisily) every 5 minutes.
When I didn't latch it, the window would slide up about the same distance (same amount of noise/cold air).
The Applebees out front also seemed to be getting a remodel, at least I'm guessing that's where the sound of the table saw came from at 1am (judging by the trucks and temporary parking lot lighting earlier in the evening)

Otherwise, the room was clean, and the proximity to supermarkets was very handy. The breakfast area seemed okay (though the bananas were on their last day on Monday, but were carted out again all bruised up on Tuesday)

I got lousy sleep the whole stay. If this is the number one rated hotel in East Lansing, then I wonder about the others (or the rating system). I would almost certainly try one of the Marriott hotels If I need to go back to Lansing

Room Tip: Even number, high floor, away from elevator
1 Thank NCLimey
Dear "NCLimey",

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel. I am not very familiar with e-checkin; however, we most certainly could've moved you to a more comfortable room if we had the availability. I hope you give us a chance to make things right next time you're in the area.

-Ashley
#3 of 9 in East Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#13 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!