“Older but with updates”

Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice hotel. No more, no less. Just nice. It was an old hotel with some updates to make it look fresh. The staff was polite. We did love the 24 hour coffee/hot tea availabe in the lobby! The room had a king size bed with four small, flat pillows that my husband and I found lacking. I personally booked with Expedia and saved way more than trying to book through the hotel itself (which I still find odd). Nonetheless, it was close to food, movies, and shopping. The morning breakfast was great as well. I would go back if it were a cheaper nightly rate.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear "BenjiTriptaker",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad you found our staff to be polite. I hope next time we can better suit your room needs, though. I hope you come back and try us again. There are a few online options that you can take advantage of to get a better deal on the room rate. Hilton has an Advance Purchase option you could try or even AAA and AARP members get special rates.

I hope you give us another try. See you soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Love coming to this hotel in East Lansing... the rooms are clean and fresh and the staff is extraordinary. The breakfast is amazing for a "continental" self serve buffet.. choices of hot eggs and sausage or waffles... Close to all amenities and especially Michigan State University

Dear Bonnie W.,

I'm glad to hear you found our hotel fresh and clean. I'm excited to inform you we are rolling out new exciting breakfast offerings within the next couple weeks. I hope you can come back and try our even more extraordinary items soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Front desk attendant was more than happy to help us. Shee accomodated our request for an early check in with pleasure. She also helped us located a restaurant nearby. She was just as pleasant at check out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Terry H.,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk staff. It's always a pleasure hearing those things. We strive to meet our guests' expectations and make them feel warm and welcome. I'm glad this was the case for you. Please come visit us again next time you're in town.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had an enjoyable stay, in and out of the facility. We were treated with dignity and were pleasantly pleased to see such courteous personnel wherever they were located. From the time of arriving a little early for our checkin to our needed special services and asking for and receiving several amenities as requested.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Mary D.,

I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay! It's always nice to hear kind words about the staff. It's also nice knowing we met your expectations. Thank you again. I hope to see you back next time you visit the area!

-Ashley

Reviewed November 14, 2013

It's nice, but basic amenities. Breakfast was fair - unless you like bread/waffles. Eggs just too processed. pullout sofa has a thin mattress as does the rollaway and my 20 yr old son slept on floor both night due to that.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

I'd like to thank you for writing a review of our property. I'm sorry to hear you did not find our accommodations exceptional and above average! I understand why you'd think our breakfast was 'fair'. I'm happy to inform you that Hilton is rolling out all new breakfast items within the next couple of weeks. They include fresh fruit, new turkey sausage, shell-on hard boiled eggs, as well as artisan-quality baked goods....and more! Please give us another chance and check out our new breakfast!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excellent service. Good desk manager. Gave us a quiet room as requested. They have added desktop multi outlets near the bed for people who want to sit there and plug in their tablet or laptop - nice idea. The bathroom was very clean and had shelf space for our toiletries. Price was a bargain as well.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear GLars,

Thank you for choosing us when you come all the way from Wisconsin to visit East Lansing. We appreciate you! I'm thrilled to learn you enjoyed our hotel and had no complaints with our service and staff. Thank you for also writing such a nice review for others to read. We hope to see you again if you make it this way!!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I book at least 3 times per year at this East Lansing Hampton Inn. The location is great for business purposes BUT, the staff and the conditions are always great! Although the Spartans probably love it, the business traveler will too!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bob C.,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I especially want to thank you for choosing this Hampton as your destination when you're in the area. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
#2 of 9 in East Lansing
East Lansing Marriott at University Place
TownePlace Suites East Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!