“Our 3rd stay in East Lansing”

Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was the 3rd time I stay with the family in Hampton Inn East lansing in less than one year and we will continue to stay in this excellent hotel every time we are in East Lansing.
We stayed from 3rd of August till the 15th. of August and we have enjoyed the clean and quiet room and the excellent service from all the staff in this hotel.
It was Ramadan and we could not try their breakfast, but I can tell that it was a nice and decent one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I organize bus trips for our quilt guild and this place was so organized. I had 54 ladies on the bus, so the staff had our room keys together and so the check in went very well. The rooms were clean and one room had some water on the floor, so they put those girls up in a suite. No extra charge. They didn't even hesitate as to what to do. The girls were thrilled at their ease of taking care of the situation. This is the second time we have made a bus trip to Michigan and stayed here the first time. Wasn't dissappointed then either.

Room Tip: Our group was every where, and I heard no complaint on any of the locations of their rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The decor of the hotel is very updated and comfortable. The room was clean and there were no maintenance issues. The breakfast was average/good but the staff person in charge was extremely attentive and helpful. I would have preferred a few more options on the TV lineup, but that is my only minor complaint.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good hotel in a decent location. The rooms were very clean, and the staff were friendly, and the beds were comfortable. Can't really complain about this hotel, but not the best hotel I've been in either.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Have stayed at this location for over six years and will NEVER stay here again. The management has changed in the past year or two and I have never felt so unwelcome as I have here. The front desk staff is efficient and friendly. The management has chosen to charge as much as they can for their rooms and is giving the front desk staff monetary bonuses when they can up the room price (a fact told to me by a number of the staff members). Since there are many hotels in the area and closer to MSU, I would definitely stay at one of them!!!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This Hampton Inn was clean and fresh, and well located for our visit. Staff was friendly and easy going. Wireless worked fine. The ice machine on main floor was broken but the front clerk took action when this was reported.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJF2012
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Hampton Inn was in a perfect place for us, but next time we are in this area I will look for different lodging. It was very expensive. We had a two queen room with an extra chair to sit in and an ottoman, but no refrigerator or microwave and the room was on the small side. The tv was newer, but not many channels available. I think the room above us had several children staying in it and they liked to run and jump! Thankfully they went to sleep by 11 but they were up and running again at 8am. The beds were comfortable but those duvet covers are quite heavy.
Breakfast was nice. Fried potatoes and smoked sausage and those little omelets as well as the usual motel items for breakfast. The woman who worked in the breakfast area was very helpful and seemed to enjoy her job. All of the staff we came into contact with were pleasant.
I would like to stay here again, but I think it's over-priced.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Residence Inn East Lansing
#2 of 9 in East Lansing
TownePlace Suites East Lansing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing at Eastwood

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!