Hampton Inn East Lansing
$51
$110
HIExpress.com
$154
Candlewood Suites East Lansing(East Lansing)(Great Value!)
$104
Travelocity
Residence Inn East Lansing(East Lansing)
$194
$179
Residence Inn
$75
Courtyard Lansing(Lansing)
$139
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast staffthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastexcellent hotelroom was cleanhot tubconvenient locationthe hotel staffroom keynice stayparking lotmichigan state universityfresh fruiteasy accessgreat roomwould stay againmeijer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at his hotel recently for 11 nights while on business and found it to be very clean and comfortable. Rooms were spacious and a self-serve breakfast was more than adequate. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Martygil
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I was here for 2 nights on a business trip. This hotel is located near the interstate, and right by a Meijer's supermarket (this is a MI-based grocery) and also near a residential area - at the edge of East Lansing; geographically, I think it is in Lansing. Lake Lansing and Coolidge is the major intersection. It was easy to find with ample parking spaces. The staff is friendly. Wi-fi connection was reasonably fast.
Room: was very clean with white quilted bed covers so you can easily see if they are dirty (they were not!). I would have liked a small room fridge but it is not really a big deal.
Rates: I think the rate was reasonable (79$/night).
Breakfast: included in the room rate. Hot meals were provided like scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes and the usual cereals, oat meal, coffee, etc.
The 2 nights (Sun and Mon) that I stayed there, I did not have any problem with noise. This could be a different story on a football or graduation weekend. The hotel is about 5 miles from the MSU campus, so it would be a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Staff: Pleasant
Rooms: Clean
Noise Level: Crazy loud. For this reasona lone, I won't stay here again. If you're a heavy sleeper then it might not be too bad. You can hear every step someone takes in the hallway, and the doors slamming. YIKES! For that matter, you can hear every time someone puts their keycard in the lock- (This caused me to jump quite a few times thinking someone was trying to enter my room).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed here with our dog for three nights while visiting my wife's family. The first room we were given, their "standard" room, was narrow and dark. Not worth the $100+ rate. When I asked for something else, I was given a vast jacuzzi suite for another 30 bucks or so. It turned out to be quite serviceable and provided plenty of room for the three of us. While located in a sprawl mall area outside of East Lansing, it did back onto a wooded area and was reasonably quiet. It's a great location if you are travelling with your dog -- a residential area begins on the next block, and there is a great trail system that begins about a 1/2 mile away. As usual with Hamptons, the breakfast was not bad, way better than most econotel offerings. The coffee was unusually good, and it was nice to see at least a nod to the environment with biodegradable cups and plates. (Is it really that more expensive to use washable mugs and plates and real flatware?) The staff was helpful and cooperative.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are a bit small; OK if it's just you and your partner but cramped with a large dog. Consider upgrading for not that much more.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Candonjan
Reviewed October 21, 2011

When I travel for business, Hampton Inn is usually my 'go to' place. I know exactly what I'm getting and there are rarely any surprises...and that's a good thing.

This property is very conveniently located to the MSU campus...5 minute drive. In addition, there are plenty of great restaurants that deliver right to the hotel. Also, there's a Meier's and a Kroger on either side of the property.

A word about the service. When I checked in, the tv wouldn't work. After calling the front desk, less than 2 minutes later (really!), someone was in my room to fix the problem.

Finally, the thing that sold me on this property is that it's dog friendly. More and more hotels are starting to wake up to the fact that people want and like to take their dogs with them. Business travel for me is rarely that enjoyable. But having my dogs with me changed that. The staff was very accommodating to my dogs. As we walked the hall to go outside, the staff even made them feel welcome...nice touch! In addition, the hotel location is perfect for walking your dog. You leave the hotel and very quickly you can be on a very quiet street in a residential neighborhood. Nice!

All in all a great hotel in a great location. My dogs Duke and Daisy said they loved it and we'll be back!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, request a room on the first floor near the end doors...very convenient.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business