“Stellar staff”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Chicago, Illinois
“Stellar staff”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were fortunate enough to get a room here during the ice storm. With no power at my sister's, but 5 of us here for Christmas, we were able to get a 2-bedroom suite. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The rooms were spacious and clean. Good location. Great kitchen with an oven big enough to fit the Christmas ham! For a hotel that was likely staffed for a much lower occupancy, they stepped up and took care of us so that we could have a good holiday. Thanks so much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rich P, Manager at TownePlace Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear we were able to assist you and your family, during a difficult situation. Events like this bring a community together. We were very fortunate and happy to be in a position to help out so many of our local families and their relatives.
Yours in Hospitality,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the first time when we came to East Lansing for the Michigan vs Michigan State football game. We were very impressed by the cleanliness of the room and the hotel. The bed was made neatly and the sheets were good. Although the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom showed wear, they were very clean. The bed was comfortable. Not too firm but not too soft either. We were in a studio with a queen bed, sofa, easy chair, desk, a fully equipped tiny kitchen.

Although we were wearing maize and blue (U of M colors), the staff was exceptionally friendly. We met Tracie, Rich, Erin, Dylan, and Marissa. What a wonderful group of people! When we got back to our studio room after the game, there was a pretty bag of fancy chocolates from a local store tied with green and white ribbon with a tag that read "Just Because" - what a nice touch (and really good chocolate, too!)

The hotel is on a small street that is about a leisurely 7-10 minute walk from a main street across which is the Michigan State University campus. It is a 5 minute walk from the hotel to a strip mall with several restaurants and shops. There is a pizza place in the mall that offers a free shuttle to the stadium, if you eat there.

The housekeeping staff is excellent. I have stayed at many higher end hotels that are not nearly as clean. Thanks to the staff at this hotel, we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rich P, Manager at TownePlace Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff strives to provide great service in a clean and fresh environment. It is wonderful to hear you were able to experience the neighborhood.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights while visiting MSU. The property is right by the university making my visit very convenient. The staff was super helpful and friendly and was very knowledgable about the area. Room was good and the free breakfast was adequate. My only complaint would be being able to hear the train nearby, but it wasn't so bad that it woke me up or kept me from sleeping. I will stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rich P, Manager at TownePlace Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The hotel staff is available to assist our guests with any questions they may have and are experts on the local area. We are glad we could assist you!
West US
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had a good stay here and recommend it. I had a studio suite, which included a small, full kitchen. The room had a great work space and good storage, too. As others have said, it is convenient to the Michigan State campus, though it is a little hidden off of a main street. My GPS, for some reason, got me there by following a very, very indirect route. The property holds to all Marriott standards, even though it is not a full-service hotel. I had a very good rate, which made my stay even more enjoyable. I was never awakened by the noise of the trains, as others have noted. I found my room to be quiet. Were I to return for business, I would stay here, again. By the way, there was a strip mall across the street from the TownePlace Suites with a couple of restaurants, though not much more. I had dinner at SanSu Asian restaurant (Tempura was great.) and had a terrific breakfast (Tasty French toast and hash browns.) at the counter of Hannah's Koney Island. I can't comment about the breakfast at the hotel. I was jet-lagged for a couple of days and so never made it to breakfast. I did like having a cookie that they provided for free in the lobby! Thanks for a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. So glad you enjoyed your stay and found the Hannah Plaza convenient. Our home office units are great for work!
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband, younger son and I booked this place because we were visiting our son in Michigan
It was close to the Michigan State University and it had a nice kitchenette, buffet breakfast and it was quiet and nicely maintained. It was an older place but it was well kept. The price was reasonable too

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope you are able to stay with us during your next visit!
Yours in hospitalty,
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband while he had a work conference in Lansing. I went to Michigan State for 6 years and never knew this hotel was back there. The amenities are basic, although having a full kitchen is nice. There was too much furniture in the room, it was kind of hard to navigate around. The trash cans are so hidden I almost left my trash in a pile on the floor before I stumbled on one. I was told there was breakfast on the morning but I never found it.

My room was clean but in need of repair. One of the picture frames over the bed was crumbling. The bathroom door and cabinet doors were very worn. The bed was comfortable but at times it was hard to sleep because of the trains.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. Our breakfast room is located off the main lobby and is available from 6:30AM to 9:00AM Monday through Friday and from 7:00AM to 9:30AM on Saturday and Sunday. Our Front Desk is available 24 hours and day and if you ever need assistance we are always happy to help. We put new beds in all the rooms this year and they exceed the brand standard. We are glad you found them comfortable.
We appreciate your comments on the room layout.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here recently for business trip. This location is adjacent to campus, which is great if that's your destination. Not so much if you have business elsewhere. Limited restaurants nearby. Trains sounded their horns through the night. I cannot remember the last time I was woken up by a train. Typical TownePlace Suites: basic accomodations, limited amenities, etc., however this location was about $130+ night with tax. This hotel is not worth that much for what you get. Similar TownePlace Suites are $75-85/night. Breakfast is basic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. TownePlace Suites is very close to the Michigan State University. We are also conveniently located to many businesses in East Lansing, Lansing, Okemos and many other area businesses. There are also quite a few restaurants within a five minute walk of the hotel. Several are located in the Hannah Plaza which include Pizza House, Jimmy Johns, Menna’s, and Hannah Coney Island just to name a few. There are also around 20 restaurants within a mile. All of our rooms are suites and though we do not offer room service we do have a number of restaurants in the area who will deliver lat into the night. The hotel rates are based on far market pricing which fluctuates based on season and demand.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 25 in Lansing

Been to TownePlace Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!