“Excellent place to stay close to MSU” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites East Lansing

TownePlace Suites East Lansing
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
New York City, New York
“Excellent place to stay close to MSU”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Michigan State University booked me here when I gave a recent lecture. Delightful. Clean. My room had a full kitchen. This is definitely the place to stay if you are on an extended stay in East Lansing. Unfortunately I only had two days. Could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rich P, Manager at TownePlace Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am so glad you had an excellent stay! We are close to the MSU campus and our full Kitchen allows you the oppertunity to cook what you like! We have just ordered new Mattresses and boxsprings! Hope to see you soon! Rich P. Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great location! Directly across the street from the main road of campus. Set up as efficiency apartment with double bed, pull out couch (double bed) large desk with storage and a great closet. The kitchen is small, fully equipped and what you would expect. Great off campus housing for students (depending on budget) or for visiting students or attending events.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank brooklyn711
Grand Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We spent one night here prior to our duaghter's orientation at Michigan State, and this was extremely convenient to the campus. It's located across the street from the south edge of campus in a quiet area (in fairness, however, there are train tracks close to the hotel). Our two bedroom suite had everything we needed (small kitchenette, three TVs living room) and was as clean as one could ask for. Unfortunately we didn't think ahead and bring our bathing suits, because the pool would have been a welcome relief to the 100+ temperatures. Our greeting from the clerk on duty was cordial and helpful. Our room was on the third floor at the end of the hall, a quiet location. This will be the first place we check out when we return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room for quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My daughter and I loved the two-bedroom suite. It had a kitchenette and dining area, plus enough TVs to suit a big family with diverse viewing interests. It was close to my sister and brother-in-law's in Okemos where we attended our family reunion. Beautiful green areas all around and nice for walking. Close to MSU where my brother-in-law works. Also near the not-to-be-missed MSU dairy store where Ice Cream 101 students get to make and sell their delicious creations.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, recommended by my niece who chose the hotel for family visitors. The ba...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Topsfield, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We enjoyed staying in a two-bedroom suite in this hotel when we visited East Lansing to attend our grandson's graduation from Michigan State University. Five of us stayed at the hotel for three nights. Suite was well furnished. Although the hotel was not on campus, it was only a short drive to all of the activities that we particpated in during graduation weekend. Continental breakfast was adequate. Hotel location was in a very quiet area a couple of blocks from the main street. Hotel was very clean. A good choice for our family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great long term suite type rooms with full kitchen. Minutes from U of M campus. Walking distance to a few restaurants/stores. Nice green spaces next to hotel, feels like your out in the woods. Only complaint is that the TV is small and ancient, worked fine though.

• Stayed April 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I definitely stayed at better hotels. What really blew my mind away was the 19 inch tube tv that was bolted on the metal tv stand swivel. Not that I watch a lot of tv, but just shows how outdated this place was. It felt like I was in a dorm room basically. My 3rd morning there, I went outside to have my smoke since this hotel is all nonsmoking (which is fine). Before I did, I started a fresh pot of coffee, TV was left on, iron was on, and all my belongings were out. I came back from my smoke and the cleaning lady was cleaning my room. I walked into the room, and she said she was sorry that she didn't know I was still on the property. OK, a fresh pot of coffee STILL brewing?? So I went into the restroom to finish getting ready for work, as I was straigtening my hair- she comes behind me and says I need to get the trash. I told her to wait, and she continues on to get the trash. It was an ok stay, but like I said I've stayed at way better hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 25 in Lansing

Been to TownePlace Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!