“Windows that OPEN”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Windows that OPEN”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great long term suite type rooms with full kitchen. Minutes from U of M campus. Walking distance to a few restaurants/stores. Nice green spaces next to hotel, feels like your out in the woods. Only complaint is that the TV is small and ancient, worked fine though.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I definitely stayed at better hotels. What really blew my mind away was the 19 inch tube tv that was bolted on the metal tv stand swivel. Not that I watch a lot of tv, but just shows how outdated this place was. It felt like I was in a dorm room basically. My 3rd morning there, I went outside to have my smoke since this hotel is all nonsmoking (which is fine). Before I did, I started a fresh pot of coffee, TV was left on, iron was on, and all my belongings were out. I came back from my smoke and the cleaning lady was cleaning my room. I walked into the room, and she said she was sorry that she didn't know I was still on the property. OK, a fresh pot of coffee STILL brewing?? So I went into the restroom to finish getting ready for work, as I was straigtening my hair- she comes behind me and says I need to get the trash. I told her to wait, and she continues on to get the trash. It was an ok stay, but like I said I've stayed at way better hotels.

Milford, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night when we attended a conference at MSU. The location was very convenient and the hotel was clean and looked very nice. I loved having third story windows that opened so we could get fresh air; the small living area was appreciated so we didn't have to sit on the beds, and the kitchen was a bonus. The drawbacks were the internet, both my friend and I had trouble keeping the connections; the pull out sofa's mattress had a bad stain on it and there was no mattress cover to go underneath the sheet; the only mirror was in the bathroom which made it very difficult for two people to get ready in the morning, and the train whistle that woke us both up right around midnight!

2 Thank Lynn T
US
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed in a one room suite. The room was a well designed room, with space well used. Clean and efficient. Comfortable bed, linens okay. The location is very convenient to MSU. I enjoy the sound of trains, but you definitely hear some trains. Breakfast was just cereal, bananas , yogurt and juice, but it was free. Wifi kept slipping my only complaint.

• Stayed March 2012
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2012

There are a few names in the hotel business that you know you can count on and Marriott is certainly one of them. TownePlace Suites keeps the high standards of cleanliness, comfort and an affordable price of Marriott, and the staff are courteous, well groomed and professional. I really enjoy this hotel because it is located next to a mature pine bush lot that I like to walk in, and the area is quiet. The room has a kitchenette that is fully stocked and the beds are very comfortable. Someone was thinking clearly when they designed this hotel because it is one of a very few that allows you to open the windows and turn off the air conditioner. Well done!

4 Thank vonnie3314
Toronto
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have just returned from a two night stay. My friends and I had rented 3 suites, with three men sleeping in each suite. The suites were ideal for our needs as they were equipped with two bedrooms and a pull out coach. The bedrooms were fine with plenty of pillows which I like. The room had a kitchen with a full size refrigerator. All said, the room was good.
The staff upon check in was very helpful and friendly.
The bad: too often a trains rolls through town honking it's horn at all hours of the day and night.
The room had two tv which is very nice. however the tv were from the 1985-90 era, no exaggeration. They were about 16inches in size and the one in my bedroom would turn off by itself after being on for 30 seconds....rendering itself useless.
Room 231.
The stay was not all bad and the bad points were not really worth complaining about to management. Watching tv in bed was not very important but sleeping is and I would imagine the could not prevent the trains fom ripping through town.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Koter
Presque Isle, Michigan
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed overnight with 2 friends so attend Jersey Boys at the MSU Wharton Center, which was only several block away from the hotel. Our 2 bedroom suite was roomy, clean and had an apartment size kitchen. Breakfast was good, but the room was rather crowded. Even so, we felt it was an excellent room for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 25 in Lansing

Been to TownePlace Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!