“Deeply Relaxing Serious Massage”
Review of Massage & Wellness

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Massage & Wellness
Reviewed July 6, 2011

During Memorial Weekend we made our way to this unassuming spa.

Since everything in this part of East Lansing caters to the students of the massive university, the spa was what was expected and happily more.

In the upper portion of the building it is located. Simple, clean, charming.
We had appointments placed in advance, and were expected.

We were asked to complete forms with information concerning any particular ailments, and areas of the body in the most need for massage, skin type i.e. oily, dry, combination, etc.

Once the paperwork was done, we were placed in individual rooms for our massages.
My apologizes for not remembering my Massage Therapist's name. I do remember, it was without a doubt, the deepest tissue massage I've ever had!

My Massage Therapist did inquire how deeply they should work. I informed them as deeply as possible. They took this to heart.
A most marvelous two hour [yes two hour] massage. The light lovely instrumental music that was in the background...Very relaxing.

As with most people, my back was the area in dire need of massage therapy. I do regret that I didn't request more emphasis on the back of my neck, which is, of late, rife with knots.

Near the end, a delightfully scented mixture of lavender & pine moisturizing oil was used. Not in the least overpowering. A very delicate and soothing scent.

My only complaint was that the weather had turned unseasonably cold, and it took awhile for the room to warm up.
Also, my Massage Therapist strongly recommended that I would glean more from the
massage without a shirt on. All my previous massages have been done while fully clothed. I'm must admit, I was a tad shy with this. However my Massage Therapist was, to be sure, quite correct!

Please take this to heart... you do not need over-blown day spas with elitist attitudes. "Massage & Wellness" is just what you need...simple, enjoyable, professional, and very reasonably priced. Put this one on your radar!!

6  Thank MonkMalone