“Great hotel to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We arrived in the evening after hours of driving in the snowing day. The staff is very nice and the room is comfortable. The welcome snack and bottle water works well. The breakfast is also terrific.
I highly recommend it.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank xianpc

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Front desk staff is very friendly at this establishment which is conveniently located among several amenities (restaurants, Kroger, etc.). The common area and grounds are clean and well maintained. Parking lot is well lit. Good value for what you'll pay.

I would not recommend the rooms on the first floor which is where I was "upgraded" as a Platinum Elite Priority Club Member. While the room very clean, was noisy - from check-in's late night going into their rooms, to vending, to the heavy footed individual above my room (he paced for what seemed like an eternity). The bed was very comfortable but other areas of the room needed a little TLC such as the desk lamp which worked when it wanted to, a very visible torn bed skirt, and scuff's on the wall that needed a bit of paint. Breakfast was hot with a few choices and the staff who maintained that area were super friendly. No fruit, though if you were expecting that. All in all, a decent Holiday Inn Express which is true to the brand name.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor - it is noisy most of the evening.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cincybearcatfan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Cincybearcatfan,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am pleased you liked our convenient location as well as our friendy staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here for the U-M game in November 2013. Spaceous rooms, friendly service, decent room amenities. It's close to a nice outdoor mall with good stores and restaurants. Not as far from campus as I thought, plus less congested and easier to get into town on game day from the north rather than from the south (Okemos). The mattress was just OK - which is why I gave it three stars. Liked the free breakfast, too. A winner!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Herb G,

Thank you for your review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our friendly staff. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel was an awesome place to stay for a last minute get away. The gentleman at the front desk did a great job and was very efficient checking us in. We had a beautiful suite right by the lobby, but we did experience a lot of lobby noise. Overall though I would defiantly recommend this hotel to family and friends who would be visiting the Lansing, Michigan area. Just an FYI, if your using google maps it will tell you to turn right off of 127 south, but the hotel is actually to the left off of 127 south.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue Ann J
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had a trip planned to East Lansing to watch my son's college football team. When we found out he would not be playing on the Sunday before I decided to cancel the trip(5 days advance notice). Why spend all that time traveling to watch him stand the sideline. I cancelled online as I had made my reservations online. Shortly after I got an email stating I would not be getting a refund!!! I have a confirmation email stating it was a refundable room. I called Holiday Inn Express to be told I booked through Expedia. I called Expedia to be told it wasn't through them. Finally contacted bookings.com to be told they had to have a supervisor call HI to ask not to be charged, then they would not charge me. The individual would not accept my confirmation that said the room was refundable. Have not heard back, it was been over two weeks. I want my $170 back!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

What a great find we had no reservations. Walked in to see what they had open Barry at the front desk was fantastic! So helpful offered a free pass for mini golf (his own from his wallet) talk about above and beyond. My husband had our room keys near his cell phone case and they wouldn't work after being near the magnet. Barry apologized for the incovience of us having to go back to the desk for them to be reprogrammed. People like Barry who Go above and beyond make traveling fun and Michigan should be proud of its residents mostly very friendly. Will be back. Thanks Barry :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel has friendly and efficient staff. The location is off a main road a few blocks so it not noisy. In fact I had a very quiet room on the third (top) floor. The breakfast in the morning was the average Holiday Inn Express fare. The coffee at breakfast was better than most hotel coffee. The room was plain but clean. They have free wireless WIFI that worked but was slow.

Room Tip: top floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
TownePlace Suites East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
#2 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!