“Liking It in Lansing ........”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Toronto
“Liking It in Lansing ........”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stopped here on my way home from Chicago for a night. While the hotel is close to shopping and restaurants (short drive, not a walk) it kind of has a isolated feel to it; not that that is a problem.

It would seem the property is fairly new, and as such clean and modern. Both the exterior of the property and lobby are clean and well kept. Check in was a breeze, and the room was typical newer Holiday Inn Express; roomy, modern and very functional. The only problem I experienced was a horribly soft and cushy mattress; I cannot understand how mattresses in hotels can become worn out in such a short period of time.

The location is close to the highway, and I imagine could be a little hard to find as there really isn't any signage off the main road, none that I saw at least.

Overall, a good choice in East Lansing, once you find the property!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ToSquareBob1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for business. Hotel was clean and convenient. People nice but breakfast was a little bit lacking. I ended up swinging by Starbucks later that morning. Close to the highway but didn't notice road noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a nice little Holiday Inn Hotel for anyone traveling for business. I am a platinum club member and have stayed in quite a few IHC hotels and would say this was a nice one as far as friendly and helpful staff, cleanliness, and comfort. For a Holiday Inn, it was very nice. The only complaint would be it is a little difficult to find at night without a GPS, but once you see the layout in daylight, it isn't that hard. Rooms were very large - I was upgraded to a room with two rooms, one king sized bed and two queens, while traveling by myself. Hotel was modern and very clean. I did not eat breakfast there but I did note it was very full of folks eating and did not appear to have any complaints. It is also very convenient to MSU campus and to downtown Lansing and is just a few blocks from the highway ramp. There are several restaurants nearby with variety and a grocery store right behind it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for pleasure or business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great location off expressway. Very close to nice shopping and dining choices. Lobby was very warm and welcoming. Only complaint is that the breakfast buffet shut down at 930am on a sunday morning. We were very surprised to find everything put away so early on a weekend.

• Stayed October 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

6 of us stayed in a King Suite for the Friday and Saturday night of an MSU vs ND football weekend, I believe the maximum allowed in a room is 4 but due to the inflated price we secretley placed an extra 2...The breakfast is BRUTAL but it's free so we indulged in the juice and fruit...The hotel is about a 10 minute drive to Campus and my suggestion is to stay here because it's out of the way of the crazy downtown during a game day...Cab rides seem to be $3 a head regardless of where you are going...My suggestion is to use Scott for any cab ride - 517 507 2429...He's a beauty!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colin D
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Over all nice hotel fills your needs during travel for work or stop off for family travel. The manager (Stacy) was very helpful.And the staff was pleasant and helpful. Clean rooms,not sure about the plastic on the beds?

• Stayed July 2012
London, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Holiday Inn Express chain has been one of the brands I have stayed in throughout North America on business. This one is below average and over priced.I paid 149.00 on a late arrival and the reason the gentleman gave me was "because most of the hotels were sold out that evening". To me that is gouging and not normally associated with this chain. Because I was tired and did not want to argue (my fault) I accepted and ended up staying there. The breakfast room was "light" on selection as well. The quality was all pretty low. While the room is OK and clean, the towels are very thin and rough. I will not return to this establishment.

Room Tip: stay away from the vending rooms and elevators
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JayRay61
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear JayRay61,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing at Eastwood
Courtyard Lansing
Courtyard Lansing
#9 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!