“Perfect day floating down the Jordan”
Review of Jordan River

More attraction details
Owner description: This Antrim County river has been protected by the state of Michigan since 1970.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I went on the 2 hour trip down the Jordan river on a kayak with my 14 year old son. We had a great time. The water is cold but not too deep. I would say it averages around 2-3 feet. There are a few areas that require a little bit of ducking an maneuvering to get thru. We are beginners on a kayak and we had a little trouble in the beginning but once we figured out a few basics, this river is no problem. I would say that it seems that a canoe would be more tricky because of some of the areas. The river is all natural an you only see a handful of homes along the way so it is a great way to experience nature. We used East Jordan Outfitters and they we great in my opinion.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a great time on the Jordan River! It's fast and exciting. Yes, there are sharp turns and low branches, so understand that this trip not might be for the inexperienced or faint of heart. We've been kayaking/canoeing 4 times before. I probably would not take small kids on this trip unless you really know how to steer! We saw some other older kids having a blast the day we were out. **My best advice: Just know what you are getting into before you go.** We took a canoe out, were ready for an adventure, and it was really fun! We only hit a fallen tree once, did not tip, and were able to maneuver around it well. Was glad we put all of our things in dry sacks, just in case ;-) There are lots places to stop along the way. The Jordan River is beautiful and we saw lots of wildlife along the way. Would absolutely go again. Oh and thanks to Jordan River Outfitters for superb service!

2  Thank puzzlepieces08
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Go during the week or better yet in the spring when the water is running full throttle or in the fall for beautiful color. Either time you may be the only one on the river. Just enough current and obstacles to make you pay attention and have a great time. Best in a canoe or kayak and a little experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been canoeing/kayaking this river since I was 5 yrs old (I'm 50+ now) This river is always COLD. Its not for the inexperienced canoer. It runs fast and has many curves and the obstacles are different every time you go.
We kayaked the river twice this trip and enjoyed every bit of it. I like the kayaks better as I have control of my own destiny and my husband & I are not fighting the whole time. Recommend coolers with beverages and a light snack for mid trip.
The tunnels are fast and the water is deep there. DO NOT try to turn into the current, it will flip you every time. I learned this the hard way.

2  Thank tcreller
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is an amazing river to go down if you enjoy the adventure of canoeing or kayaking! It is left natural so you get the full experience of maneuvering trees and logs and rocks that obstruct your path. It's a very chilly river so tubing isn't for the faint of heart but worth it if your a northerner or not fazed by cold water. There are a few different lengths of river where you can put in and take out and gauge how long you want to be on the river. Elderly people and children can definitely do the river but need to understand what it is they are getting into. It's definitely more difficult then most rivers people are used to downstate but for the people who run the Jordan valley outfitters it's not unlike any other river up north so they don't see it as difficult. Be aware there are a few areas to get out on land and relax along the way but pulling off in non populated areas are subject to poison ivy!!! Overall great!! Have fun!

3  Thank Brittany W