“Food was great, but the service was terrible”
Review of Twisted Rooster

Twisted Rooster
Order Online
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Twisted Rooster is a unique casual dining concept with three locations in Grand Rapids, Belleville, and Chesterfield, Michigan. Each location is centered around their “Commit to the Mitt” philosophy- encompassing their locally sourced, scratch-made menu as well as their passion for community involvement.
Reviewed March 22, 2019

I was with a co-worker meeting a potential candidate for an interview. We sat for 15 minutes before we were acknowledged and ordered drinks. It was at least 10 minutes before the drinks came. We quickly ordered our food and then came the long wait. We never saw our waitress and waited about 30 minutes, so we flagged down a waiter and asked if he could check on our order. He asked who our waitress was and when we couldn't remember her name he said he couldn't help us. The candidate then remembered her name and a couple of minutes later the manager came out and offered us free dessert for our wait. My co-worker had to leave to get back to the office, so we waited for the bill and to order our dessert. The waitress came and said what dessert do you want? We started to order and she said you only get a free dessert. We told her the manager said it was a dessert for each of us. 10 minutes later we had the desserts to go. All of our food was excellent, but with such horrendous service, it was hard to think about the food. We took most of it with us. The restaurant was almost empty when we left at 2:00 pm.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 21, 2019

Met a friend for lunch, who is in a wheel chair and has a service dog. The hostess took us to an easily maneuverable location and didn’t hesitate when she saw the dog.
Our server was attentive and very pleasant.
The food was good as usual. My fish tacos seemed different than the last time I had them and was a little disappointed. They were good, just not quite what I expected,

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

We love Twisted Rooster. We often drive across town to go there for dinner or to take visitors. The food is always so yummy! The salad with the cinnamon raisin croutons is to die for. We love the fish tacos, fried pickles and homemade chicken tenders. The lobster Mac is sooo good. Atmosphere is great for date night or a family celebration.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 2, 2019

Awesome we had a great first impression. We will be back more. Management was very professional. Food was great.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Have you eaten here a few times in the past which is why we chose it for New year's Eve. Drove by the place twice because no lights are on if I didn't know it was next to Applebee's probably would have driven by again. Mentioned it to the girl at the desk when we came in she had attitude, said that she turned the lights on when she came in well I'm telling you the lights were not on. When we left the lower lights were on but still no top lights. Now the food, I ordered wet ribs my friend ordered dry ribs. Tasted okay but mine had just a little drizzle of sauce, not impressed. My wife ordered the lemon crusted white fish again. When she got it she thought it looked different,like 2 pieces of boxed fish patties. She could only eat one piece because it was so overcooked and dried out. When we mentioned it to the server Michael he said sorry I will let them know for next time. Sorry but there probably won't be a next time. Very disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2018