“Great food, friendly service”

Fitzgerald's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We took our grandchildren along with their children. We were given a great corner seat that had a great view of the lake. The service was friendly and very accommodating, the food was great, had their pulled pork sandwich and the others had macaroni and cheese. They have a good selection of microbrews and I like that you can order 4 oz to get the taste. Will definately come again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We spent the good part of 6 days up in the copper country. When we asked the locals where a nice place was for a sit down dinner, all answered, Fitzgerald's. Scenary is gorgeous, as you are overlooking Lake Superior. Beer selection!!!!!!! I am a microbrew fanatic!!! This is a hidden gem. Food- one suggestion Douglas Houghton's anchor. Waitstaff was awesome and the owners are down to earth and have done a great job with the restaurant. If you are in the keweenaw area you have to go.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This restaurant is in front of Lake Superior and the view is beautiful. I like the fact that the drink menu is full of beers, wines and liquors varieties (some are hard to find). The food menu is shorter, yet tasty. I have personally tried the brisket and fell in love with it: the smoked meat melted into my mouth!
I would definitely recommend to anyone traveling around the UP to stop here and eat something. Unfortunately, it is a very small restaurant so call to reserve a table (a day in advance may help too).

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Well, of you are a single malt scotch aficionado, this is the place. The most comprehensive listing I have ever encountered. Plus, their beer selection is outstanding. Nestled along the Lake Superior shoreline with fantastic views of the Lake and ships passing, it's wonderful. They have a deck one can sit on and sip and eat (outside dining is served in very nice foil lined cardboard containers). You just deposit them in the waste can provided. They have an outside smoker for pulled pork and pork ribs. I had the ribs, dry rubbed with a nice vinegar/ketchup bases sauce served on the side. They were tasty and tender, but a bit dried out.
My wife and friend's entrees were excellent. A very nice menu, not extensive, but very well put together. Wait staff were excellent, very pleasant and most accommodating. The dining room is not very large, so reservations would be a good idea.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Extensive beer/drink menu - they have everything! Service was good, food and drink were excellent, view was spectacular. Was recommended by some bicyclists we ran into during our day's travels. They didn't steer us wrong!