“Nice Stay, Very Clean Motel”
Review of Quality Inn Durand

Quality Inn Durand
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Durand
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I made reservations for this motel to attend a family party in Vernon, MI on a Saturday. We selected it because it was very close to our destination. I originally stopped at the motel on the way to the family party at about 1:00pm to let them know that we would not be checking in until very late that night. They were very helpful and made a note for the night staff that we would be arriving late. When we arrived at about 11:00pm, it was a very quick check-in and the lady was very nice. We were more interested in getting to bed, which we were able to do quickly. The room was very clean and well kept. We got up around 9:00am on Sunday morning and went to to the free breakfast room around 10:00am. On the weekends, the breakfast goes until 11:00am. Unfortunately, there was nothing left but cold cereal, yogurt, and some apples. The waffle batter was empty, there were no sausages or other hot breakfast items, and no danish. I complained to the front desk person stating what we found. She apologized and stated that it was her fault. She said that she was not able to keep up with it because of her other responsibilities (she was the only one on duty) and that more people than normal must have been having breakfast (which was obviously true because the place was sold out that night). She said that she had been checking on it, but it looks like that she was not checking on it enough. It looks like they need someone else to follow the breakfast on the weekends. Even though this was undesirable, it does not detract from a very clean and neat motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Billes49

Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is a good value. It was clean, the breakfast was set out at the correct time, the staff was helpful. There were NO bugs that I could see! I used the pool and jacuzzi, always towels there and it looked well tended. Yes, at times I could hear people talking in the hall or in the next room but they were not partying, nothing obnoxious. Having stayed here a week for my family visit, I believe my review is fair. I didn't stay here expecting a 5 star experience and would definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank C L
Reviewed May 9, 2012

our family stopped to stay the night. On our way back home. There was pregnant front desk lady who was outside or on the phone during our stay. She was rude and our family won't be back again. To top it off there was bugs everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank shawn m
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I will never stay at this hotel again. My family and I stayed here for 3 nights. The walls were paper thin! My extended family was in the room next to mine. When I was in my bathroom, I could hear them in their bathroom. We could hear everything.... terrible!! The breakfast is included, but once the food is gone, they do not bring out more food. CHEAP!!! Last, but not least, the front desk person was not nice . She gave horrible customer service with a bad attitude!! The price was pretty low, but next time I visit family in Michigan I will stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kela G
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The main problem I had with the Inn is that I'm a heavy-set person and not having an elevator and with the stairs only at each end of the building, it was a chore to get my luggage up to the 2nd floor. Also, the doors at each end of the building were locked, you couldn't even use your room key to enter them so I couldn't even park at the door nearest the stairs.

Otherwise, the person, I'm sorry I didn't get her name, at the desk was very good and helpful in every other way.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mjbncc1701
Reviewed July 20, 2011

If you are traveling between Flint and Lansing, then this is a great place to stay. Durand is a small town, but this hotel is just as good as any bigger town would offer. Quiet, clean, and well run!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank stones2125
Reviewed April 27, 2010

This is a pride of ownership property whose hosts are over-the-top in the provision of service to guests. Clean, spacious, tastefully decorated rooms with all the normally expected amenities. (My wife even noticed the nice light fixtures.) The breakfast is superior, offering a large, clean setting and a nice selection of food and drinks.

The Shah's have done a really nice job of making their property a special stop for travellers.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marine1806104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durand
The Pines Country Inn
The Pines Country Inn
#1 of 3 in Owosso
The Comstock Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn Durand? Share your experiences!