“Hibiscus in Ullysess”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dundee
Waterford, Michigan
“Hibiscus in Ullysess”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This recent guest believes management at this facility has assembled one of the most convivial, helpful staffs in the history of international lodging. This place is not the Ritz, but then, again, the Ritz is too ritzy for most of us normal people. If all you want is a spacious room, presentable shower curtains, a really fine pool and immediate access to numerous shopping venues, I urge undecided voters to create a path to this humble yet entirely acceptable facility.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle of hallways have nice carpeting.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tina E, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites while traveling to the Dundee area and taking the time to post a review. It is wonderful to know that we were able to make your stay a wonderful one, and thank you from the whole QI team for the generous review! We look forward for your return to the area and hope we will be able to accommodate you again.

Tina Eisenbrandt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights for a Michigan football game. check in was fast, front desk clerk was very polite and informative. heading to our room from the backside of the hotel, the door into the hotel was not latching shut, and so anyone could just walk right in. Our room was 212. 2nd floor, an old hotel room, but new paint job. walking into the room, as we were unpacking, the floor had a bad creak in the floor and i felt bad for the people below us who had to keep hearing that as we would walk in the room. as i looked into the bathroom, the shower looked clean, but there was dried hair in a few spots stuck to the shower wall. the beds were very comfortable, as i had a good nights sleep.
we left for the day for the game, and when we returned, the back door was once again not latching. someone dumped a cooler just inside the door, there was ice everywhere and the tile was slick. when we got to our room we walked in and noticed the trash was emptied, the old towels gone, but that was it. no replacement towels, and no beds made up. now maybe this hotel does not make the beds on a 2 night stay, but that is the first time ive ever encountered this. we decided to walk down to the front desk and get some towels. when we got there, there was already someone there complaining of no towels and no room cleaning. we were promptly given towels and an apology.i slept well the 2nd night and it was really quiet for having no vacancy. overall it was a good stay, and i would stay here again. it is not far from the highway, and close to good restaurants and gas stations.

Room Tip: stay on the 2nd floor. if the other rooms have floor issues like ours did, the rooms on the first fl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina E, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites while traveling to the Dundee area. We are always eager to hear feedback so that we can improve the experience of each guest that stays with us. I would like to apologize for the negative experience you had, as that is not our standard. We strive to show every guest a relaxed and enjoyable stay and I hope that when you are in the area again you give us the opportunity to show you our outstanding service.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm surprised at the negativity of some of the previous reviews. Our room was very clean and the common areas have been recently renovated and were also clean. We didn't use the pool, but it is very beckoning. It is housed in a glassed-in atrium and was being enjoyed by several families during our stay. The room was large enough to be comfortable. we had a handicap accessible room and I strongly recommend this motel for those who need such a facility. The shower is a walk-in/wheel-in design and the bathroom is large enough to easily turn a wheel chair. The bed was comfortable. I must admit that I wish it was a king size rather than a queen, but we still had four nights of very sound slumber. The staff are very friendly, efficient and helpful. The breakfast is adequate and typical of what is generally available - the ability to make waffles, various fruit, bagels, etc., but not top-end with hot food. We visit this area of Michigan several times a year to visit family and/or U of Michigan and will use this motel again. For those who enjoy outdoor outfitter type stores there is a huge Cabela's right across the street. There are also several chain restaurants within a quarter mile.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stopped in this area 4 times a year and have tried all four of them out. And I must say that this one is by far the best for customer service, a clean room, and a soft bed! I stayed here the first of the year and then tried the Days Inn down the street the second time and decided I liked this one better and would give them another chance! And Wow! The room had new paint and new carpet but what impressed me the most was the customer service. I think people tend to forget what business they are in when it comes to hotels and at times I would like to remind them it is the hospitality business. This hotel knows that! The lady who checked me in was fantastic! I have to say I was a little grumpy and worn out after travelling all day and this gal actually made me feel a little better by her warmth and kindness, and she actually acted like she was happy to have me as a customer. I work in sales so I travel extensively and stay at some corporate hotel normally 4 out of the 7 days. Customer service lacks in numerous places but this one I must say is better than excellent. If you are travelling to Dundee, give this place a chance, I give them an A++!

Room Tip: They have a suite there that is bigger than my first apartment while in college. It costs more but...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tina E, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
On behalf of all of the staff here, THANK YOU! :-)

We have been hard at work improving all aspects of the hotel and staff service to provide guests' a superior experience. Our goal is for every guest to enjoy a relaxing stay whether it is just a stop along a journey or this the destination. Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites, we hope to see you again when you're in the Dundee area.

gm.mi284@choicehotels.com
obetz ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

close enough to race track,places to eat nearby ,close to highway
good enough for race weekend,hotel is ok room , clean, first floor room you could hear kids running up /down stairs.stayed 2 nights ,room came with alot of towels,did not restock towels for second night,staff was a little helpful for find a non chain place to eat,alittle strange when told not to smoke in front of hotel, thats where the astray was. make your own breakfast waffle cereal
was good but could be hassle when hotel was busy.over all not alot of places to stay in dundee
219 for a saturday night was high

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina E, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are working very hard to create the best possible experience for ever guest that stays with us.

Best Wishes;

Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

good customer service and a good location a nice pool and hot tub the rooms are a little bit dated as are the hallways. The bathroom in the room is very very small but the room was a good size. My biggest problem was that despite this hotel being a non-smoking hotel the bedspread clearly had cigarette burns on it. I wouldn't pay $85 for this room again. So unless they are going to do some major renovation they need to lower the price of there stays.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We have been hard at work making the necessary and needed improvements to the hotel. I hope that the next time you are in town you will let us show you all our progress.

Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Worst hotel I ever stayed in. Filthy curtains torn. Stained furniture. Had my granddaughter who is 8 months old. No refrigerator no microwave. No blow dryer. All things listed as ammenities. We brought a quilt to keep her off carpeting when she crawled because she gets rashes. She still broke out. We wanted to take her swimming. Pool dirty. Hot tub was broken. I don't recommend this hotel. Again don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tina E, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for feedback. On behalf of the Quality Inn team and I, we would like to express our deepest apologies for the poor experience on your last visit. I know the expectations of a girls weekend get-away are high and expected to be full of fun and relaxation. The hotel is nearly complete with renovations and under new management. We are working hard to improve all levels of service. Your feedback will add in helping us along that road, and provide all future guest's with a superior experience when visiting our hotel. I hope if you are in the area again you will give us a second chance and the opportunity to show you how much we have improved.
Tina Eisenbrandt

Travelers are raving about these Dundee hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Days Inn & Suites Dundee
#3 of 4 in Adrian
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 9 in Monroe

Been to Quality Inn Dundee? Share your experiences!