“Excellent food and wine” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 25 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Brighton, Michigan
“Excellent food and wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very convenient that this is walking distance from the Holiday Inn Water park hotel. We shared meals between the 5 of us so we wouldnt' have leftovers, and were able to have them recork our bottle of wine so we could finish it back at our room. Food was excellent!

Visited April 2013

Adrian, Michigan
1,298 restaurant reviews
“Good Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been to a few Lone Star locations and this one was up to standards. It is easy to find off the highway. My steak was prepared very nicely according to my specifications. The service was very good. and the prices are not bad for what you get. This is a good spot if you are looking for a steak.

Monroe, Michigan
“Tough steaks, cold fries and a bitter metallic flavored Caesar salad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have eaten at this location several times over the years and was always disappointed! Great rolls but it takes more than great bread to satisfy when dropping $100 for a family of four! After consuming a few bites of the cheese fries appetizer our son had to make 3 trips to the restroom leaving his entire meal at Lone Star! Tough steaks are virtually unchewable. A1 sauce could not revive the lack of flavor of the steak! The Caesar salad, which usually, I can never get enough of, had a bitter metallic taste. In my entire life I have never left any portion of a Caesar salad unfinished but this one had to be abandoned! Wait-staff was very friendly but service was so slow that the cheese fries had to be eaten cold because the ketchup arrived too late! Here's a clue Lone Star!...most people like ketchup with fries!!!! I don't know if we will ever return to Lone Star! Too many disappointing meals! Had a better meal later in the evening of fish sticks and fries at home and the cost was far less than $5 for two! Hey Lone Start...would you like my recipe for fish sticks and fries? I'll even throw in my recipe for Tartar sauce if you promise to serve it before the fish gets cold!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank edbaltrip
Oxford, Michigan
“Eh!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday night, 7pm. Restaurant half full, lots of open tables, but we were made to wait 30 minutes, and then seated at one of the open tables we viewed for 30 minutes! Food was just ok. Bartender seemed to have a lot of questions as to how I wanted my Absolut Cosmo made: dirty or clean, shaken or stirred, rocks or no rocks. Seriously! Just make the dang drink...it's not complicated.

Visited February 2013
Monroe, Michigan
“Good food, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Ive been here twice now and both times have been great. Steaks have been good. Friendly servers. Its nice to have somewhere decent to eat out here in the country where there are not many options other than greasy diners.