“Great Night Stay for our family!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dundee
Howell, Michigan
“Great Night Stay for our family!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great Overall experience for our family!! Great Location! The staff were super friendly and there are fresh cookies 24/7 at the desk (our kids fav). The rooms were nice, clean and comfy. Loved the Pantene and even a makeup remover towelette (my fav since I'd forgotten mine). Pool and Hot Tub were very clean and warm :-). Free Breakfast of fresh waffles, eggs, pastries and coffee were great! Plus, super great late checkout! We would definitely stay again! Great AAA rate!!!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Irishmom27
Caldwell4321, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for the fantastic feedback regarding your stay with us. I'll be sure to share this with our team. Hope to see you again in Dundee.
Derick Caldwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

If you are looking for a clean place to stay with friendly staff and nice rooms, look no further than this hotel. The lobby is very warm and friendly, and their are fresh cookies available at all times! The free breakfast offers many choices and is done very well. The rooms have just been updated and are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FemaleTraveler902
Caldwell4321, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We are pleased to be able to offer clean rooms and a friendly staff, we appricate the positive feedback. I'll be sure to share the great review with the team. The fresh baked cookies always help too!
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites while visiting family for the holidays again this year. This was our fifth time staying at the hotel during the holidays as its proximity to Toledo and Ann Arbor (via US-23) are very convenient for us.

However, we were pleasantly surprised that they have renovated the hotel. While it was clean and well-kept during our previous stays, its looks had become a bit "dated" and it was due for some updates. So we were glad to see the owners investing in the facility. The updates have taken the rooms and hallways to more of a "business-style" setting, with dark wood furniture and beiges and browns throughout the decor.

What has remained the same are the friendly folks who work at the hotel. They always seemed to greet us with a warm smile and were ready to help with anything we needed. From housekeeping to the front desk to the breakfast area, they were always friendly and clearly took pride in the hotel.

We will continue to stay at this hotel and recommend it to others who plan to stay in the area.

Room Tip: If you prefer a room that is darker at night, you should request a room on the west side of the buil...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrisb_in_MI
We are very excited about our new product that we can offer to our guests. We completed a full property renovation in 2013. Our team appreciates the positive feedback that you took the time to provide. We look forward to serving you again soon!
granville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

As we were turning into the Inn for a two night stay, our car was hit from behind. The driver in the white truck sped away. We went in and were greeted by Matthew, a very nice young man. He checked us in and called the police. The policewoman was efficient and helpful. While my husband was dealing with the police report, I took our suitcases and bags of gifts inside. Matthew came from behind the counter picked up the heavy stuff and took it to our amazingly attractive room. The next morning there was a lovely woman behind the desk smiling and wishing us a Merry Christmas. When we came back for a few hours that afternoon another young attentive woman was there to greet us. Later the phone rang, it was Matthew wanting to know if we were O.K. and if we needed anything. Our two day stay at Country Inns and Suites was 100%. We have children in the area and have stayed at several different motels. From now on I am seeking out Country Inns. Oh, and breakfast: good quality silverware, nice plastic plates, cups and bowls, mixed fruit, waffles, Smucker's syrup (regular and sugar free), Kellogg's cereals, bagels, biscuits, real butter, half and half, good coffee, six kinds of Bigelow's Tea, fresh fruit, a selection of yogurt, crisp bacon, french toast and hard boiled eggs or a prepared bag to take with you on the road. The pool and hot tub were very clean. I never saw an employee on their cellphone or texting, they were always ready to help. The breakfast area was spotless and attended to by yet another smiling efficient employee. Our son told us we would like Country Inns. He was spot on!!

Room Tip: My room is 103, ask for one just like it!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ilex1
We were so sorry to hear about the accident that you had while in Dundee. We appreciate you taking the time to provide the great feedback on your stay. I'll be sure to share this with Matt and the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you again.

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The place is under some slightly noticeable renovations when you first walk in. I see this as a plus though. The updates they've done are nice but not to a 5 star level. I tend to be a little OCD sometimes about renovations so I can see some of the flaws in the workmanship.

Upon arriving at check in I was pleasantly greeted by the staff. They also have fresh cookies sitting there for you if you'd like. +1! I was checked in quickly and headed up to my room. The elevator is a little tricky to find but I suppose there is an arrow on their sign.

My room smelled GREAT! Whatever scent they use is awesome. Everything was very clean and the double queen room was quite spacious for a single business traveler. There was also a desk with several plugs for work related items. The tv, like most of the place, was newer and adequate. There were several pillows per bed which I loved.

The breakfast wasn't anything special or 5 star but it was good. They appeared to have someone cook it all in the back and bring it out as it was done. The chef even came in to ask me if there was enough of each item for me since I arrived close to their close. Again, very sufficient for a simple business traveler.

The 'gym', isn't really a gym. They do have two treadmills and an elliptical though so that's at least something. I would have hoped for some free weights if they're going to call it a gym. Again though, a nice perk if you like to get in a walk or jog in the morning. I did not use the pool so no comments there.

I only stayed for one night but will be returning in future weeks. I received my bill under the door in the morning and dropped the keys off at the desk where I was kindly wished a farewell. Overall a really great experience. I hope that all future stays are the same.

Room Tip: Avoid the parking lot end if you can. It can be a little noisy in the morning from construction crew...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Caldwell4321, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are excited about our renovation progress; our breakfast bar area is now complete since your last visit. You'll have to come back and check it out when travel leads you to Dundee! Our staff thanks you for your review and your business.
cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Was in town for a weekend visit. Was greeted at check-in by friendly young man, was helpful , and check-in went smoothly. Room was one bedroom suite, was spacious, and clean . Room was in the front part of the hotel, facing US-23 , yet highway noise was not an issue. Good selection of items for the breakfast, and the lady staff member overseeing it was very friendly, and helpful. Overall our stay was very pleasant, and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Caldwell4321, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Our staff loves to hear great reviews like this one, I'll be sure to share with them. Hope to see you again while in Dundee!
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

They are under construction. The breakfast was good, and the lady stocking the room was very nice. Front desk people did a good job. Hallway carpet was delaminating and stained...hopefully to be replaced during the changes. Our room (1st floor) smelled of cigarette smoke, even though this is a non-smoking hotel. One huge negative factor...is that the smokers sit near the entrance to the building and you get a big smell of "ashtray" as you enter and leave. I recommend that a designated smoke area be set up (add a gazebo for the smokers) AWAY from the front door. Will stay elsewhere for our next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our carpets and wall vinyl will definitely be updated during the renovation period. We want to extend an apology for smoking issues during your stay. We are working to rectify the outdoor smoking areas of the hotel. We'd love to give it another chance and have you stay with us again. Please contact me personally so I can help make this right.
Derick Caldwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Holiday Inn Dundee - Waterpark
#3 of 4 in Adrian
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 9 in Monroe

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee? Share your experiences!