“OK place, no problems”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed May 11, 2008

The hotel was fine - nothing terribly exciting or standout, but I would not hesitate to stay again if I was in the area. Room was clean and a decent size. The internet connection worked well (surprising how often that can still be a problem).

I actually walked to Carabella's (sp?), which was like a wonderland of sporting goods (their full size "mountain" complete with animals is not to be missed, and they have an awesome used and new rifle and shotgun section). The clothing selection was a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed October 28, 2007

We stayed at this hotel on Oct. 12, 2007, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. My husband and I were bringing his new fishing boat home, and I knew he'd be spending a lot of time at Cabela's right across the street so I booked a one bedroom suite. The room was huge; it was much larger than many suite hotels we've stayed in, and it was laid out much better. When you entered the room there was a large living area with a table and chairs, a sofabed, wing chair, tv, coffee table and end table. There was a large counter with a refrigerator and microwave. Maybe the only suggestion I'd make is that a wet bar on the counter would have been nice. But it's right across from the bathroom door so water was readily available. The bathroom was large and well laid out also. Next you went through a doorway to a large bedroom with 2 queen beds which were very comfortable. The room was spotless, and the furniture and rugs were a lighter color so dirt would have shown. Everything was spotless, and I'm very fussy. The lobby area was very clean and pleasantly decorated. Breakfast was very good. They have freshly baked waffles, and many other items to choose from. The desk staff was pleasant and well informed. I'd stay here again without hesitation. This was my first time at this chain, and I will certainly look for them wherever we travel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2007

Extremely clean and well kept hotel. Hotel staff was very friendly and willing to help when needed (directions, extra pillows, etc.) Pool and hot tub were immaculate and plenty of towels in the pool area. Beds were very comfortable, and the bathrooms were VERY CLEAN. We booked 2 rooms for the weekend, and even my mother was extremely pleased with her room!! We would definitely recommend this hotel. Within walking distance to many eating facilities and some shopping. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I decided to write a review because two previous reviews were very helpful when deciding where to stay while planning a trip from New Jersey to Michigan to attend a family party. We are so glad we took the advice of two previous reviewers and decided to stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Dundee. I called the hotel directly to make my reservations and the lady on the phone was very patient and nice, and answered all of my questions. When we arrived at the hotel, there was a large covered area to stop and drop off our luggage. We were then greeted by a friendly hostess at the front desk. Our room was CLEAN, attractive, and comfortable. The continently breakfast included “make your own waffles” and bacon, as well as the usual Danish/muffins/bagels, cereal, yogurt, coffee/tea, and juice. The staff in the breakfast room were helpful and friendly, as were the maids who obviously took pride in their work as evidenced by the wonderful condition of our room. My husband, son and I will definitely stay at this hotel again for our next trip to Michigan. I hope more people will take the short time to write a review about place they have stayed; it really is helpful to others.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank travelmouse2
Reviewed June 23, 2007

We were looking for a place to spend the nice nothing special but got a great place and a nice breakfast too.

The place was clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2006

This was a one night get away with our teenager. 2 years previous we stayed at this facitity. When I tried to book a night on line, only a few smoking rooms came up as available. I then called the 800 number and was told the same thing- "The motel is almost totally book except for a few smoking rooms. I thought that we were out of luck but took a chance and called the motel direct. Spoke with "Denise". I told her that I was interested in a non smoking king suite which we had stayed in before. She pulled our information up on her computer and sure enough a non smoking king suite became available.
I enjoy their suites, especially with a teenager. You walk into a living area with a couch, easy chair, TV and desk with chair. There is also a long counter with lower storage, including a good size frig and a microwave. Coffee pot and ice bucket sit on top of the counter. Across the counter,after the living area is the bathroom with its own door. Continue past the bathroom and the king bedroom can be shut off with another wood door. The bedroom as a closet area and an additional TV with more storage area. I enjoyed that fact that we had 2 good size windows facing west that could open and had screens. We watched a beautiful sunset and listened to the birds. Our view was a few smaller businesses but then corn fields and woods.
The teenager give an "OK" when we questioned how comfortable his couch-fold out bed was. Sheets were on the bed and 2 pillows with a blanket were up in one closet.
The motel was 100% booked due to lots of activities at Cabella's that Sunday. The pool and whirlpool was pretty standard. Not huge but adequate. We enjoyed the breakfasts even tho it was busy. They do have an overflow room that the attendant was directing people too. Make your own waffles were a treat. They also had the usual fruit, dry cereal, oatmeal, breads, yogurts, juices, milk, coffee. Also premade burritos, and bacon that just needed heating. Gym was dark when we were there.
Lobby is very comforable with nice furniture. I have no complaints and would recommend this facility.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank doggy1
Reviewed July 29, 2005

Great hotel, friendly staff, very clean rooms, nice pool area. And the best free breakfast of any hotel I have ever stayed in, my son especially loved the Bob Evans biscuits and gravy and the filled chocolate donuts!

3  Thank amynielsen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Best Western Dundee
#1 of 1 in Milan
Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North
17 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee? Share your experiences!