Best Western Dundee
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Super Motel(Luna Pier)
View Hotel
All reviewswater parksplash universeholiday innkids eat freehotel poolking bedsnack shacka lot of funat noonbreakfast buffetget awaybirthday partiesindoor waterbig slidesbob evanstoddler poollate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn was clean. Very easy access from Michigan 23. There were lots of kids because of the water park but seemed well behaved. The room was small but comfortable, and clean. The room had a DVD player but no remote control. The water park was really nice with LOTS of lifeguards on duty all of the time and lots of water. Well organized. The 2nd floor pub and grub was very slow on service. Even after placing our food orders, it took forever to get served.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you are planning a day trip to Dundee, Holiday Inn Dundee is the perfect place to spend the night. My goal was to spend the late morning and early afternoon browsing through the smaller shops in the area, then ending my day at the popular Cabela's. This Holiday Inn's close proximity to Cabela's, and several well-known eating establishments like Lone Star Steakhouse and Bob Evans made this a stress free overnight trip. The fact that this journey was a Monday-Tuesday thing probably helped also. Crowds at Cabela's were manageable and the Waterpark part of Holiday Inn was pretty light on attendance. The wildlife décor of my room at H.I. really added to the experience. I was given a first floor room, for which I am extremely grateful. The king bed room was clean and well-maintained. However, I was surprised that the room did not have a mini fridge and microwave included in the price of the room. Apparently those come at an extra charge, on a first come, first served basis. The same room at other H.I. stays have always had both included. Also, for whatever reason, I was unable to connect to the site's wireless Internet from my room. I did not bother to report this to anyone as it was not that important to me considering it was for only one night. I did not use the hotel's waterpark facilities or the in-house restaurant, so will defer to the other reviewers who had those experiences. Overall, it was a very nice stay and I would definitely stay at this wonderful place again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DayTripper767
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The service was good and I have no complaints about the staff. However, I do have complaints about the Hotel. For a new Hotel, the rooms were not exactly spotless. The room I stayed in had an order.

The Gym had three pieces of equipment, two of which were broke. None of the equipment was commercial grade. When I asked if there was a work out facility, I was told that they (personnel working) did not know of any. I found out that there was a Y within 20 minutes and I already new about the 24 hour facility across the street.

In the morning, there is no complimentary breakfast. I was told I could go to the restaurant upstairs. I was there the night before and the food was not very good. I would not recommend anything from the restaurant.

The Comfort Inn, across the street, serves breakfast, has commercial/ working equipment and gives the guest access to the 24 hour workout facility. All for the same price as the Holiday Inn. PS I never had a room there that had an order.

Room Tip: Go to the Comfort Inn
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear David S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We value opinions as it helps us in our never ending task to better ourselves for our next guest or your next visit.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the rooms you had did not live up to your expectations and our fitness center fell below your standards. We deeply regret that dissatisfaction these aspects have caused you.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We only stayed one night at the hotel as it was fully booked . The room was very clean and comfortable.the breakfast inc., in the room price was excellent , serve yourself .The staff were all friendly and helpfull .

Room Tip: If you book a room on the fourth floor you can walk straight in to the hotel a bonus if you have a disability and its free parking 24 hours
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter M, Manager at Best Western Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear. Triptales123,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us and taking the time to post them. We will share your comments with the staff and we hope to see you again the near future.

Management

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was traveling on business but I wish I lived closer so I could take the grandboys.
My room had a king size bed, flat screen TV, bathroom with tub, shower, and vanity. The room had tiles with pics of deer on them....cabin décor. Very clean.I used the business center to print my boarding pass. Large indoor water park..perfect for kids and adults. The outside reminded me of a cabin in the mountains. The lobby had a fire place and was very inviting when I entered the lobby. There was a restaurant on the property, and an Applebees and a steakhouse within walking distance. This is a wonderful place to stay, and I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ronilynn777

Dear. Ronnilynn,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and we hope you have an opportunity to bring your grandkids to the park in the future. We are very happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed the theme of our hotel, which we believe, makes us a very unique Holiday Inn. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing again.

Management