Drummond Island Resort and Conference Ct
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Drummond Island
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I booked a room (2 night minimum) for a wedding on the island but decided to cancel when I was invited to stay at a friend's home. Even though I canceled 3 months in advance I was still charged a $15 fee...I have never heard of this before. Never again will I stay at this resort and I highly advise others not to either.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shaski

Reviewed July 29, 2008

I have stayed at the Resort in Spring, Fall and Winter and have loved it every time! We snowmobile to there from the Mack. Bridge and have had nothing but the best treatment by both the hotel staff and the Pins staff. I think they stay open just for us! We also go golf carting in the Spring and Fall and stay at the resort for a day or two during out trip. And everyone is still so delightful. The loft rooms are the best, they are open, they are rustic and for us coming out of the woods after two days they are Heaven. If you are looking for a five star fancy hotel, this would not be the place to go, but if you are looking for an awesome woodsy, rustic place to take the family and all fit in one room, go golfing, take walks and maybe go bowling, this is the place for you.
Majlis
Zeeland, MI

3  Thank Mslednecks
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I was very disappointed with our stay at The Lodge. Our room was very dark and kind of droopy. Everything was clean, but it seemed dingy to me. The beds just had a sheet and a wool "up north" type blanket. There was no internet in the rooms, a guest computer in a locked office was old and slow. I was told there was a wireless signal in another part of the complex, but that proved to be incorrect. Also, no cellphone service at all. Not even a weak signal.
We didn't eat at the lodge, there was not a complimentary breakfast. For dinner we ate at a local restaurant that was very good.
I would have to say that for the $155 price tag we didn't get a lot. I will never go there again. I have noticed some of the reviews say there are different types of rooms and to be fair I didn't see any rooms other than ours.
All in all a depressing stay for both of us.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank teknomom
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I had my wedding here in August. We traveled from Iron Mountain, Michigan which is a 5 hour drive. The resort was beautiful!!! All of our guests fully enjoyed their rustic rooms at the lodge. They were spacious and decorated in a way you knew you were in the woods. We stayed in a Pond Cabin. The cabin was very large and very beautiful. We had our rehersal dinner outside of the pond cabins near the pond. The scenery was wonderful. Our ceremony was unique, being at the "outdoor chapel". We love the outdoors, so this was perfect for us. We held our reception at the Brooder House. My family decorated and this room was easy to get ready for a wedding. Their staff arranged all of the tables to my desire and had a very elegant table setting. The bartenders were great, they even stayed extra late for a little extra tip, which my late-night guests were happy to accomodate.

One warning to all brides who love the outdoors....Dont ride a 4-wheeler in your wedding dress!! My dress got caught in the axel and I suffered a major concussion before the dinner!! It was still a great time!

Would highly recommend this resort to others. I will definatly be going back here. We also took a trip here in the winter, it was desolate, but still very nice.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed October 19, 2007

What a great place to stay! I loved that I was in a hotel room that really didn't look like your typical room. The front desk girl, Lyndsay was great! I asked if I could see a few different rooms to get a better idea of what the resort had to offer. She was more than happy to let me poke around. Every room was different, I can't wait to come again next year and stay in a different room. I totally recommend this as your next vacation spot, and ask for Lyndsay!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Paullygirl
Reviewed August 25, 2005

Drummond Island Resort was built in the 80's by Tom Monahan of Domino's Pizza as a retreat for his employess. Sold several years ago, the resort retains the "little touches" that make it special. We stayed in a loft lodge room; a room the size of an average hotel room with the addition of an upstairs loft with an extra queen bed--making this the first hotel room since we became a family of five to be quite comfortable! The lodge is rustic; with wood walls, log beams and a hunting/fishing decor. Our room was very clean (I was very leery of staying here after reading an earlier review; none of what they wrote was true in our case), but a bit tired--the lodge is 20+ years old.
What we loved was the free bicycles (helmets, childrens bikes and a burley cart were all available), the tennis courts, playground equipment, heated outdoor pool and whirlpool, sauna, The Rock golf course (EXCELLENT!), the sporting clays course, canoes/kayaks and bowling alley. The main lodge (where the front desk staff was extremely friendly) had a huge video library you could borrow from (great the day it rained). The only activities with an additional fee where the golf and shooting.
There are two places available to eat, the "fine dining" on the lake and the Pins Grill--where the majority of the menu was NOT fried and they had the BEST specialty pizzas I've ever had (Buffalo Chicken pizza--boneless Buffalo chicken pieces, blue cheese, green onions, tomatos--my mouth is watering at the memory!)

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank kadelia
A TripAdvisor Member
Goetzville, Mi
Reviewed June 29, 2004

I do not agree with this review, He must of been having a bad day or he is one of those people you can never satisfy. I stay there in one of the bayside cottages overlooking the water the cottage was great and everything worked fine I like the most the rustic atmosphere and everything was clean. The grill had alot more than just fried stuff , the pizza was really good and there are sandwiches , wraps, and dinners on the menu. the front desk staff was very nice and helpful they gave us lots of information on things to do and places to go. I am diffently going back.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Drummond Island Resort and Conference Ct? Share your experiences!