“Foodies is a great place to go for lunch.”
Review of Foodies - CLOSED

Foodies
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 5, 2013

6 of us retired teachers went golfing today at Hampshire Country Club near Dowagiac, Mi. It is a fun, well-maintained and challenging course. We always go out for lunch afterwards. I had received a recommendation from my friend who works at Southwest Michigan College. She appreciates healthy and fresh food just like I do. She recommended Foodies. We were all very pleased with the service, food selections and the restaurant ambience. I ordered the chicken salad sandwich and tomato basil soup. They were excellent. I have a gluten intolerance and was so pleased to see that they have fresh homemade gluten-free bread. The bread was so tasty and tender. I felt I had hit a goldmine. We will definitely go back. The server was very knowledgeable and efficient. The prices were very reasonable. Next time I would like to try their breakfasts. Dowagiac is an old town that has been restored with class so visit some of the shops while in town. The dogwoods along the sidewalks are in bloom. Need I say more?

1  Thank Marilyn M

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wasn't expecting to find such quality in a small storefront in downtown Dowagiac. Stopped in while passing through town and will now have a reason to return just for the food. The menu was small which I like. Nothing worse than finding a five page menu at a place where you know none of it will be actually cooked as much as reheated in the kitchen. The artisan burger included an unlimited choice of toppings and a side, all for $6.00. The soup of the day was spinach/mushroom and was definitely made on site and delicious. The chili was thick and flavorful. The special of the day was an oriental salad with fresh greens and chicken.

1  Thank Jwudgy
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Love the restaurant. Menu is limited but everything we ordered was perfectly prepared, cleverly presented and delicious! This is the kind of place we have come to expect in Chicago and were surprised to find it here. Dowagiac deserves a place like this and we hope it will be around for a long while.

2  Thank Scott Y
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Good fresh wholesome food. Healthy ingredients, friendly atmosphere. A great place for breakfast or brunch!

1  Thank Sara N
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Family trip around Michigan and stopped for lunch to see Carusos down the street. Ate first at Foodies based on trip advisor reviews. Right on! This is a cool little artsy place in the middle of a picturesque old small town main street. Menu was not extensive, but everything was really good. Fun and good food! Definately eat here and not at Carusos. Then go there for ice cream or a shake.

1  Thank sheckyboy