“We were very pleased with our stay in SW Michigan!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dowagiac
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dowagiac
Edwardsburg, Michigan
“We were very pleased with our stay in SW Michigan!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We reserved several rooms as we had a famiy gathering in SW Michigan.
The services from the front desk were very accomodating. No Smoking
in the State of Michigan. Altho-we did smell cigarettes on occasion and found
the employees smoking inside and outside the front door which was not a pleasant
thing. The owner of this hotel happened to pay a visit while we were staying
here and he was very enjoyable to chat with. He offered us an upgrade as well
on one of the rooms to a suite and we appreciated that very much. We'd stay
here again when in this region.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dmacksteen
YourWorldTraveler123, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Dowagiac, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to continuing to provide your lodging needs in SW Michigan in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We enjoyed the stay, however, the location is very remote. We didn't know pets were allowed and a dog barked every time someone passes the room. There should have been a seperate area for guest who were staying without pets. The breakfast was fine and the pools very warm.

• Stayed February 2011
We truly apologize that you were unable to fully enjoy your stay because of the dog's bark. Pets are allowed per the policy with Baymont Inns hotel brand. We look forward to having you stay at your lodge again. Thank you!
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Beds were comfortable and trendy. Pillows were fluffy and the bedspread was down-like. Loved the white bedding. Pool and hot tub were warm. Pool inside edge needs some scrubbing, but other than that things were great.

• Stayed February 2011
We appreciate your honest guest feedback and look forward to accomodating your lodging needs in the future. We have updated our bedding package and offer great value for our guests. Thank you for your continued business!
Eau Claire, Michigan
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This was a neat and tidy hotel inside and out. My husband I stayed in the Executive Suite for a Christmas getaway. I was shocked at how large the room was and how classy it looked.(See Pictures) It definitely has been remodeled since the photo was taken that is on their website. I interacted with 3 different employees when making the reservation, and during the check in/out process. All were friendly and pleasant. The halls and common areas all seemed clean and well kept. I am really fussy about smells and everywhere I was at even smelled clean and fresh. Some people have mentioned the thin walls, I personally didn't hear anything but the kids playing in the pool (which closes at 10pm) and that was only because our room had a balcony that overlooked that area. A little noise coming through the sliding glass doors onto the balcony is expected. The room also had a small supply of basic toiletries besides the normal shampoo, lotion and soaps. It included 2 toothbrushes, 2 one-time use toothpaste, 2 disposable razors, 2 one-time use shaving creams, 1 travel size roll on deodorant, 1 comb. The breakfast provided had a real nice variety beyond donuts and toast. Fresh made waffles anyone? The wireless internet worked great. Multiple seating areas, 32inch LCD TV, and a small dining table with 4 chairs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
avidtraveler4u, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dowagiac, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our one of a kind 2 person jacuzzi suite with a balcony overlooking the indoor heated pool and spa. We do our best to maintain a clean facility that resonates well with our repeat guests. Thank you for your business and candid feedback, and we hope to accomodate you again!

Management
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip at the beginning of October. Having stayed at other Baymonts before, I had decent expectations for this hotel but it fell far short. The girl at the front desk was polite but rather uninterested (which doesn't make or break a stay in my opinion). I got to the room and found that it had no privacy latch or chain - just a plate where it looked like they had removed it at some point. I tried to get on the internet with my iPod and got no signal at all. I called down to the desk at this point and asked if they had rooms with the privacy latch (being a solo female traveler) available to move into. The response was that she knew of "a few rooms" with a latch but I was prebooked into that room because if I were any further down, I wouldn't get a Wi-Fi connection. I already wasn't getting one! And as a note, my room was about 1/3 of the way down the hotel from the front desk (which is at the far end of the hotel). How can you advertise free Wi-Fi if 2/3+ of your rooms don't even get the connection?? I know there was one as I could access it with my iPod when I went down to the lobby for breakfast, but as far as in the rooms...

A couple of notes on top of this... The walls seem to be quite thin - I could hear the TV going in the room next to me and it didn't sound like it was that loud on their side of the wall. Not a huge deal as they turned the TV off right before I went to sleep for the night, but I guess it depends on you and your neighbor. Also the toilet was acting up - it took 2-3 flushes to get it to work each time. I got just about zero cell service here (signal was in and out) so if communication is important to you and you don't want to sit in the lobby to use the Wi-Fi, this may not be your place. There was an in-room safe but I couldn't have used it if I wanted to as there was no key - and a sign on the safe saying the only key to that safe was in the door so don't lose it!

On the flip side, this hotel does seem to have good bones. The rooms are ok, the bed (though it creaked quite a bit) was pretty comfortable, the shower pressure was good and the breakfast was decent. Also, the manager who checked me out in the morning was cheerful and friendly. If you're just looking for a place to crash for the night, this would be ok, but if you're looking for extras, it's probably not it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
avidtraveler4u, Management Representative at Baymont Inn & Suites Dowagiac, responded to this review, October 24, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We have made ongoing improvements to the hotel and are currently updating the bedding in all rooms and have signed up with a third-party HSIA monitoring service that is available 24/7 to assist guests that have any difficulties with the wireless connection. This has already resonated positively with guests and will be a permanent fix to any Internet connection issues. We look forward to your stay again!
Dowagiac, Michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2010

R U kidding me? Amazing value for a suite with the largest two person hot tub i have even had inside the room. Very spacious room. Wonderful customer service from the female General Mgr not only at check in, but also when i asked for a late checkout. I will definately come back. Nice Job!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
We do have very spacious executive jacuzzi suites with balconies overlooking the indoor heated pool and spa at affordable rates which are very popular amongst our guests. We're glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to accomodating your lodging needs in the future.
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Hotel listed as non-smoking (Michigan state law) but my room reeked of cigarette smoke.
Hotel listed free Wi-Fi but there was NO Wi-Fi service. Front desk employees knew nothing about the Wi-Fi.
The hotel provided one public computer but the printer didn't work so there was no way to print boarding passes or anything else. (A sign near the computer said that they were getting a new printer but the sign looked to be about a year old, the employee said that she knew nothing about a printer)
The in-room safe was locked and had no key. When I asked about it the employee said she would tell the maintenance man. During my 3-day stay no one showed up and the safe was never available for my use.
This hotel apparently has a "swimming club" for local people. The rowdy kids in wet bathing suits use the lobby furniture and computer leaving everything soaked for the guests.
Hotel lists "free USA Today". This newspaper was not provided at all during my stay.
The hot tub, according to other guests, was ice cold.
TV Channel names on screen were all incorrect, no one had bothered to correct them and guests of course cannot do so themselves.
I stayed 3 nights in this hotel. Unfortunately there are no other choices in Dowagiac.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
avidtraveler4u, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dowagiac, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
The state of MI recently enacted a law requiring all hotels to go non-smoking and we have deep cleaned all rooms, shampooed the carpet, used an ozinator, and will be replacing all bedding to remove the smell of any smoke but in some cases the smell has been very strong and we are working diligently to completely remove all smoke related odor. We do have a swimming club and they are a very well behaved group and we have not had any issues with them and our hotel does offer free wi-fi Internet, a computer PC with printing capabilities, and an in-room safe. The USA Today newspaper service has unfortunately been disrupted due to the paper carrier's reluctance to deliver into a smaller size town and we have proactively called several companies to see if we can get a route back in town. We recently switched from cable to DirecTV which shows the previous tv channels on the screen and we are working to reset the programming. Overall, the management team and staff apologize for any inconveniences experienced and I assure we are constantly finding ways to improve guest satisfaction and hope to see you again!

Travelers are raving about these Dowagiac hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dowagiac
Quality Inn & Suites Niles
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Paw Paw

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Dowagiac? Share your experiences!