“Problem With Bill”

Lindy's
Ranked #17 of 36 Restaurants in Dowagiac
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been going to Lindy's for years and have always been satisfied with the service and the food... until last night. There were six of us and we had two tabs going. All were satisfied with their main course and some even splurged for desserts. When I received our bill, it was somewhere in the mid $30's and I gave our waitress a credit card. When she returned the total requested was in the mid $40's. I went to the cashier/bartender to see what the difference was. She quite snippily said that our waitress had miscalculated so she changed it. I asked THREE times for her to produce a list of charges and she kept arguing with me as to the bill was right. I finally said forget it, stopped talking and began to sign the credit card slip. She then decided that maybe she had made me mad and said she could show me what was charged. By this time I wasn't interested and just wanted to get out of there. On my way back to our table, I told our waitress that the cashier/bartender was probably the rudest person that I had ever met. She told me not to come on Monday's as that is the only day the cashier/bartender worked. I told the waitress that unfortunately, I wouldn't be back. I could have looked over a meal that wasn't the best, an atmosphere that was a little off, but after working with the public for many of the years of my life, I will never overlook poor and downright rudeness coming from the people that I am help paying for their paycheck. Goodbye Lindy's!

7  Thank Marsha A

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I love this local mom and pop restaurant near Cassopolis and Dowagiac, Michigan. I always order the veggie sub without mayo. My wife likes many of their other menu items. This is a very out of the way place and easy to miss when you drive by.

1  Thank Cystokid
Reviewed February 21, 2012

"this is fast becoming a great place for pizza and a burger," my husband disappointedly commented after our last trip. my tuna steak was frozen, packaged (i could see the press marks!) and my salad dull (it was iceburg and 2 T of shredded cheese, that's all) plus potato for 14.99. we remember homemade recipes and fantastic cuts of tuna from years back. ask questions before you order.

2  Thank stayath0me
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Not a lot of vegetarian fare but good burritos and pizza. Prices are decent, nice staff

Reviewed September 8, 2011

They have a variety of items and daily specials. Good pizza good salads and always enjoy my meal there.

1  Thank Cindylyne