“Good burritos”

Cuisines: American
Dowagiac, Michigan
“Good burritos”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Not a lot of vegetarian fare but good burritos and pizza. Prices are decent, nice staff

“We eat at Lindy's at least once week and always enjoy the food, staff and atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

They have a variety of items and daily specials. Good pizza good salads and always enjoy my meal there.

1 Thank Cindylyne
South Bend, Indiana
“A Salad Meant for A Farm Animal”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I've been eating lunch at Lindy's for over 20 years. I've supported the restaurant through many changes including the tremendous increase in menu prices a few years ago. My experience recently, however, has convinced me that I no longer need to waste my money there. As usual, my dining partner and I asked for a table on the porch. I don't know why we always insist on sitting out there when there are always a half dozen flies pestering us throughout lunch, but the view is better than the dimly lit interior dining room.

I ordered a Caesar salad with chicken, no croutons. What arrived? A Caesar salad, no chicken. I asked where the chicken was, and the server went back to the kitchen without my salad and simply brought me a small plate of white rubber and one large piece of inedible fat. The salad itself was drowning in dressing, and I immediately noticed how very pale the leaves were. As I picked around the lettuce, I realized that I had received the dregs of the Romaine lettuce. It was all core pieces and yellowed pieces that came from cores.

I thought to myself "This is exactly what the farm wives used to throw out to the pigs after the humans were done with their dinners!" Not fit for a person about to plunk down $12. And not fit for me.

I'm now on a search for a restaurant around Dowagiac that actually WANTS to feed customers well.

5 Thank NoCheckedLuggage