“Fabulous New Year's Eve”

Everyday People Cafe
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Incredible food, great live music, extremely attentive wait staff. As always, amazing, unique cuisine in fantastic surroundings. SO glad they take reservations this one night of the year! We ate at the bar in the back; enjoying the fireplace and lively crowd....with a champagne toast at midnight. A perfect way to spend New Year's Eve; worth the three hour drive!

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I went with my husband for my birthday on a Monday. We started with drinks- $5 Margarita special for me, beer for him. We split the Farm Board for an appetizer--so many different flavors that blend together so well! The complimentary bread was tasty too. Then we each had a salad with balsamic, which was great. I had the beef tenderloin, which was phenomenal! My husband had the hamburger. Our final bill was $64. Our waiter was very uplifting, had a great attitude! The restaurant is cozy and romantic and clean and the service was perfect. We will return!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I'm a fussy eater, I admit it. AND I am very appreciative of the rare times when the service in a restaurant is flawless. Everyday People Cafe gets everything right. When we visited this summer we ate there 3 times!!! And everyone's meal was perfectly presented and delicious. They do not take reservations but we were very pleased that The Yelton Manor (in South Haven) recommended this eatery very highly and then were actually able to get us priority seating each night. i guess the real pros know and support each other! Highly recommended, in fact I recommend that you do not miss eating here. BTW, the prices are so low that we thought they forgot to add our bar bill, lol. As the name suggests, the atmosphere is casual but the food is like a 5 star fancy restaurant, the best possible situation. thanks especially to Michael, our waiter, for his kind attentions.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Whenever we visit Lake Mi, we have made it a tradition to stop at Everyday
People Cafe. Why? Because it's amazing, and comfortable and romantic.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Everyday People is a favorite in the Saugatuck-Douglas area. Again the food and service were outstanding. We had the Nuts and Berries salad and Chicken fried chicken, which is a well-flavored flattened breast.served with a generous serving of potatoes and salad. The bus boy kept our glasses filled and was vivacious serving his numerous tables promptly. The service generally is attentive and prompt.