“Best Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I don't know how long Everyday People has been open for business, but we have been dining there on a regular basis since day one. The food is always great, the service is friendly and professional and the bar and patio are wonderful! The best time to go is mid week, so be prepared for a wait on the weekends during the summer season. You can always pass time at the bar or go to the back patio for a drink and music. Most of the stores in Douglas are open late on the weekend, so you can pass time browsing until your table is ready.

The entrees here are creative without being fussy. It's like gourmet comfort food. On our last visit I had a new to the menu chicken entree and it was excellent. We will be back in the future and I will go for the same thing again. The wine list is great with some local and Michigan selections available. I'm glad they support the local industry. If you order a house salad go for the Gorgonzola dressing..it is excellent. They offer a selection of desserts if you still have room for such after the salad, bread and entree.

It's a winner and a don't miss while in the Saugatuck/Douglas area! Tip: Try for a table in the front room. It has more atmosphere and views of the street pedestrian traffic.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were lucky to get in to this amazing restaurant. They do not take reservations They serve expertly prepared local food at a great price. I had the tomato bisque and it was heavenly. I never knew chicken could have such a succulent quality and the desserts were to die for! Everyone in our party enjoyed it immensely and this a restaurant that is worth the wait.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful!!!! Five stars! Difficult to get into though, always packed and they don't take reservations

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our 1st visit to the restaurant after years of saying we must go.... now I am sorry that we did not try this sooner! You will wait as they do not take ressies but they have a cute outdoor patio in the back with live music that helped pass the time. The food was spectacular! We started with the Spanish cheese tray that out waiter recommend that was wonderful. I enjoyed the Ahi Tuna dinner.... the lemon beurre blanc sauce was to die for! And my husband enjoyed the salmon. We both kept raving about how good it was and we NEED to go back! They have an excellent selection of wine and beer as well. The place is super cute inside and the wait staff is wonderful. It is a must!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent a lovely Sunday afternoon wandering in Douglas & Saugatuck and returned to Douglas at dinnertime for a stop at the Cafe. We've eaten here a handful of times over the past 8-9 years and never had a disappointing meal. Granted this was a Sunday evening and we had no wait, so others have experienced it's popularity with long wait times. We were able to dine outside which was lovely, the food was delicious and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. The chicken penne pasta was very tasty and we had to try the "creme brulee napolean". It was lovely on the plate & tasted devine, although a bit difficult to eat! I'm sure we'll return again soon.