“Not sure what the buzz is about”

Everyday People Cafe
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've had many people tell me that I "have to have dinner" at Everyday People. It's a nice place, but I don't understand what the buzz is all about. Good food, but I thought it a bit overpriced. No complaints here... just not sure it lives up to its reputation.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We love this place! My husband and I still talk about going back sometime soon.. Fabulous! Excellent food and service!! The atmosphere was a plus and we cannot wait to go again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner on a Friday night with my wife. We were both pleasantly surprised, we had heard good things about this place, but we didn't expect quite this quality of a dining experience. The risotto starter was amazing, I had a delicious walleye dish with a miso broth. My wife had a fork tender fillet, it came out a little to rare, they made it right and even redid the sides as we had already started on the delicious mashed potatoes. The highlight was probably the chocolate mousse with raspberry dessert! What a wonderful meal, and the service was right on point too. Our server Kevin was very friendly and attentive. He was having fun at his job, was very knowledgable about the new fall menu and made great recommendations. He really added to the experience. Our only complaint was that several light fixtures and some decorative glassware on a wall in the restaurant were very dusty. Certainly nothing but great things to say about the food and service.

1  Thank Saltydave
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We heard both good & bad reviews, so we gave it a try. Crowded, very loud, expensive, not worth the price. Two times here, this was second chance - never again. First visit- steak undercooked twice, then overcooked. Second visit - pork chop RAW, sent back, returned again raw. They didn't offer any discount. Way over rated.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a lively spot in a sweet little town. Had two meals here over the course of two weeks--lunch and dinner, about two weeks apart. I really like the vibe here and for dinner we had a lot of fun sitting at the bar and keeping it simple with mussels and burgers. Very good service and delicious number-only wine pairings which made for some lovely discoveries.

1  Thank Ffax