“EXCELLENT FOOD, EXCELLENT SERVICE, EXCELLENT STAFF, EXCELLENT ATMOSPHERE!!!!”

Everyday People Cafe
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Chicago, Illinois
“EXCELLENT FOOD, EXCELLENT SERVICE, EXCELLENT STAFF, EXCELLENT ATMOSPHERE!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This place came highly recommended by our B&B hosts and many others. We were not disappointed!!! It is a welcome change from the bar and grille type venue that the Saugatuck-Douglas area seems to prefer. This restaurant is trendy, upbeat, and has an array of delicious choices! We ordered the drowned shrimp sambuca, Gorgonzola and cherry salad, and the open-faced braised biscuit sandwich, which was listed as a sandwich in the "burger" section but was huge and presented like a full entrees. These were unbelievable choices!! The staff was extremely friendly polite and accommodating. I witnessed another customer in a large group complain about part of her entree being dry after she polished the entire meal off even though her friend who had ordered the same thing kept stating her meal had been wonderful....the waitress handled this with grace and quickly offered to take the entree off the bill. The food was delicious and the atmosphere is inviting and warm. This is a great find and I plan to be back with friends!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“Over it”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Used to frequent this place often, but it is getting harder and harder to justify going there anymore. Food is still good, but the service and attitude is indifferent at best. On a weekday night the place was busy but not crowded. The hostess was too pre-occupied with papers on her stand to even look up and acknowledge me standing right in front of her. There were maybe 10 patrons seated at the bar, yet after waiting for 20 minutes, we realized that the bartender was not going to offer us a drink. Not the first time I have felt treated badly here, but this time, we simply left. They just don't care!

• Visited April 2012
grand rapids
“Not Everyday food”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Seldom do I enjoy a meal from the cocktail to the left overs, but Everyday people is just that kind of restaurant. Great food for the price. Packed in March none the less. The bar tender was serving up very well made drinks. (very nicely muddled old fashions) The salad they have there with the glazed pears was as good of salad as I've eaten anywhere. The salmon with lobster was fantastic. Perfectly prepared. My filet was mantastic. They nailed the temperature on that one. I wish I had room for dessert, they looked great.
Did I mention the salmon?

Visited March 2012
New Lenox, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and Great service”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We were astounded by the variety on the menu and had a difficult time choosing because we wanted to order everything

Visited March 2012
algonquin il
“Excellent menu both food and wine list!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

What a great find and at a great price! Everyday People Cafe does not take reservations but the owner of our B and B in Saugatuck was able to reserve a time slot on a Sat. night which helped secure a table quickly. It was busy but we were seated within 10 minutes of our arrival. They had nice wines by the glass and the bartender was very helpful in helping us choose local wines.
The menu was excellent. I had fresh walleye which was such a large portion that I could not finish it. My husband had a lamb special which again was plentiful. The sides were great and the warm fresh bread was amazing. We cannot wait to return.

• Visited March 2012