All reviews pool and hot tub room was clean waffles pleasant stay convenient location staff was very friendly and helpful off the highway english muffin most places free breakfast douglas saugatuck fireplace brewery hottub motel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

there is so much about this place that could be great, but isn't. The only positives I can come up with is location and room size. Room smelled like fuel oil and mildew. half the time there was no one at the front desk. ring the bee- sometimes someone came... if you waited long enough. I was charged even though I had paid with reward points... manager tried to resolve it and it was still not fixed when I arrived home 3 days later. finally fixed.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2019

Understaffed and not great service when we found the staff person. One gentlemen was only staff person seen there from check in to check out. Breakfast service was not acceptable. No scrambled eggs or bacon and the front desk clerk staffed the breakfast area as well as the front desk. No elevator to the second floor. Rooms were available on the first floor but were rooms that allowed pets.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights over holiday weekend. By the time we decided to come to town everything was booked, we were fortunate to find this place. Rooms were adequate, nothing special... But did have fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Room was clean, bathroom was clean and beds somewhat comfortable.. Pillows were horrible to flat and soft. There staff were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast bar was ok we only ate there in our way out to hear home. This place served our purpose and we would stay again when in the area and recommend. The price was a bit high but it was a holiday weekend and everyone was high doing the season.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2019

A conveniently located motel near Saugatuck, MI. Rooms were clean, secure. They allowed dogs with a nominal daily fee. Breakfast was included. Parking area was large. Rooms were quiet. Pool and whirlpool in excellent condition

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2019

The room smells of must and mildew as soon as you walk in. I had opened the window to see if they smell would dissipate, however it just seemed to make it worse. By the time I had gotten to the hotel it was late, so I decided to try and watch some tv. Well, they don't inform you that the switch for the TV is located on the wall by the front door (odd considering it isn't marked). When I finally was able to get that situated and figured out I then laid down. Only to have a cockroach come out of my pillow. I went to the front desk and no one around, by this time it was midnight and I had two beds in the room. I decided I would scan the room and move to the other bed. I had to depart early and by doing so, again no one was around. I left and immediately called Wyndham customer service to tell them about my experience. I also have video and photos. When I called to ask for a refund it took them five days to even provide an answer and then they only provided a refund of roughly $37.00. Let's just say that is the smallest and most arbitrary refund amount ever. They clearly do not care about their customers and do not care about the reviews that they can be left with. I will continue to work with Wyndham and try and get the room refunded as that would be the best thing this crummy hotel could do.

Room tip: Don't stay here
  • Trip type: Traveled on business