“Disappointed!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Douglas
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple months ago- really nice room! So me and my husband wanted to go away for a couple nights so I picked here! I booked it on expedia! That must mean give them the crapy room! The room must be the room they give the Expedia customers by the way they were talking! The dead bolt lock is broke- told the front desk- the lady asked if I was scared:( really! Also stained blankets. Then asked if I could up grade and they said no because I booked through expedia! We'll not be staying here again and also won't be using expedia ever again:(

Stayed March 2014
6 Thank Jameslee221

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bridgman
Reviewed January 20, 2014

this will be a mixed review, i went back to this hotel because i went there last year and it was great! this time not so great, got the fireplace room with 2 queens, it was handicapped accessible (we are not handicapped) the room seemed dated, the beds okay, fireplace and tv were nice the shower was a wheelchair shower when you showered with the curtain closed the water flowed out in front of the toilet. okay not a big issue, get a towel problem solved, next mornings breakfast was missing a lot, at 9:30 i was fortunate enough to get 1 of 3 bagels left, it was basically non existent, however last year it was very perfect last year. check out was at 11am at 10:30am both room key cards stopped working, i got locked out of the building had to walk to the front entrance, then was locked out of the room. If I stayed here again, definitely would ask for a king room, because that was nicer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with AmericInn Hotel.

We would also like to apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay. We typically keep breakfast items that are out for consumption to minimum to reduce waste and maximize freshness. Typically staff is available for breakfast to assist our guests with anything they may need such as fresh food items, coffee, etc. Again, we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience during breakfast.

Our key card system has undergone a complete upgrade to ensure accuracy and avoid any future problems. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you again for giving our Hotel a chance and we really look forward to having you back. We would like the opportunity for you to experience our hotel at its best.

Guest Services

Travelers are raving about these Douglas hotels

Madison
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Clean rooms and pool area with very helpful staff. Is rather silly that this "box" requires a minimum of 200 characters in order to submit it. To fulfill this silliness....the quick brown fox jumped over lazy grey dog.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Heather G
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

We at AmericInn strive to bring our guests' a most enjoyable experience during their stay with such amenities as indoor pool/hot tub, free hot breakfast, and Wi-Fi.

We are pleased that you had a pleasant experience with us and would love to have you back anytime you're in the area!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Before checking in, I thought the price may be too good to be true. Well, it is! I am very thankful to my colleague who told me to always check the mattresses/sheets prior to doing anything else in a new hotel room of any kind. My mom, dog and I went to our room and as I was checking my mattress I FOUND A DEAD BUG LYING ON A LOWER SHEET. I am not sure what kind of bug it was, but WHO CARES? THAT IS GROSS AND DISGUSTING. The hotel staff person was nice enough but came in and said it was a "ladybug". Well I never saw a ladybug that large and gross before. We hightailed out of there as fast as we could. We ended up staying at Rosemont Inn and I can't recommend it enough. It was phenomenal.
I think it's important for others to know that I found a bug at this location.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Aaron S
Hudsonville
Reviewed December 17, 2013

we stayed in one of the hot tub rooms a real value for a weekend stay around one hundred dollars. Nice clean rooms pleasant staff we enjoyed our stay. One suggestion please up grade your breakfast items.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jon M
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and take into consideration all guest comments and suggestions.

Thank you for choosing AmericInn Hotel of Saugatuck/Douglas for your stay.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Came to the Holland, MI area for the first time. Researched places that would accept dogs. AmericInn had decent reviews. Chose it at $85/nite rate including AAA discount...in early December. Stayed two nights. Lobby I has gas fireplace and Xmas tree, so rather nice. Good sized pool and hot tub for people with kids who need to get them out of the house in winter. Mostly, I care primarily about the room. This one was standard decent motel. 32" flat screen TV and free wifi. Little table, wardrobe, under window AC/ heater. No vent fan in bathroom is an unfortunate miss. No microwave or mini fridge. Dog charge $25/stay, which is very reasonable. Room price seemed fair or a little bit high. Breakfast included, waffle maker, bagels/muffins, sausage/premade egg, etc. OJ machine was good actually. Bottom line, I would stay here again, but would probably try an alternative first.

Room Tip: I was in a first floor room of which some allow pets. 2nd floor rooms apparently include "suit...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisC-Ohio
South Bend, Indiana, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We enjoy staying at the AmericInn Lodge . It is are at location. Right next door is Christo 's, which is very welcoming bar with great food. The rooms are clean and a great value for the traveler to the area. Many places require a 2 night
Minimum on weekends, but they do not.
The beds are very comfortable with a fresh feeling. It is quiet , with only 44 rooms.
The front desk is friendly and warm.
There is a fireplace in the lobby, and the only thing the breakfast is missing is fresh fruit!
This was our third stay there. We will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Sandy J
Thank you kindly for your positive review of our Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We strive to provide our guests' with a friendly environment and warm atmosphere.

We are constantly updating our breakfast menu to ensure our guests have the most nutritious, satisfying meal. We appreciate any feedback to better our service to our guest.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we welcome you back anytime of year!

Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglas
Hampton Inn Holland
Best Western Plaza Hotel Saugatuck
Lake Shore Resort
Lake Shore Resort
#3 of 10 in Saugatuck

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas? Share your experiences!