“Great Food and Fun”
Review of Zing - CLOSED

Zing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specializing in Steak, Seafood, and Fish, this restaurant opened in spring 2011 at the location of the old Blue Moon Restaurant in Douglas, MI. It has earned the Certificate of Excellence for the past three years and was featured and recommended by Grand Rapids Magazine and the Grand Rapids Press in Summer 2013 during Restaurant Week.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Zing is one of the three best restaurants in the Douglas Saugatuck area, hands down. Great food (the ribs are to die for), beautiful atmosphere, good music on weekends, and a friendly staff, what's not to like.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We live on Lake Michigan so we are use to the summer tourists, but for a change of pace we go to other tourist towns in the area. This summer we've been hitting the Douglas-Saugatuck area. Being retired we always feel like we're on vacation, and Zings fits right in to that "feeling"; it feels special. The staff was very cheerful and friendly. The decor just pops for southwest Michigan... And the food was top notch, pleasing to the eye and my taste buds! It's a special place, with live music on the weekends. We were early birds, so we didn't have any wait time. We will return, even in the winter months.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We popped in to Zing at the last minute, early on a Saturday night. We were fortunate enough to have Jim, one of the owners, greet us at the front door. He was kind enough to "squeeze" our party of 6 in for dinner on the back patio. He and his staff really went out of their way to ensure we had a great evening, with wonderful food. From our cocktails, to the lobster spring roll appetizers, to our meal choices which included the Lobster BLT sandwich, Seared Sea Scallops and the Asian Chicken Noodle Salad, everything was fabulous! We will definitely visit again!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have to be honest. I passed up booking a dinner reservation at Zing because after checking out their menu online, I felt that it seemed kind of basic. My partner and I did however decide to check out their martini bar one afternoon, and boy are we glad we did! Zing offers a really impressive list of specialty martinis and best of all, they arrive not only potent, but in a nice size! Our bartender was extremely welcoming and knowledgeable about the menu, telling us that just about everything was housemade. On his recommendation, we tried the Lobster Rolls. The rolls themselves are hand-rolled and served with two amazing sauces. TRY THEM, you won't be sorry! Because we had such a nice afternoon at Zing, we stopped back a few days later for brunch. Again, where the items may seem a bit plain or typical, they certainly are not when they arrive at your table. True to its name, everything seems to be prepared with a little "zing!" Did I mention the bottomless libation bar? If you are a mimosa or bloody mary fan, you are going to be in Heaven! When you add hands-on owners who genuinely seem to appreciate your business to all the good stuff I mentioned above, you really can't do wrong. Do yourself a favor and check out Zing the next you are in the Saugatuck/Douglas area!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

have been here several times and always have had a great meal and excellent service. It can be pricey but I on vacation so focusing on price not an issue for me. I really love the off season when it is quiet and more relaxed than full on tourist season.