“Great food and service, can't understand why it's so quiet”
Review of Zing - CLOSED

Zing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specializing in Steak, Seafood, and Fish, this restaurant opened in spring 2011 at the location of the old Blue Moon Restaurant in Douglas, MI. It has earned the Certificate of Excellence for the past three years and was featured and recommended by Grand Rapids Magazine and the Grand Rapids Press in Summer 2013 during Restaurant Week.
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Took my husband here for his birthday dinner whilst we were in town. We started off with different Zingtinis (the house take on martinis) which were excellent.
We shared the house wonton surprise which were amazing. I plumped for the fillet as the salmon wasn't available, and my partner for the seared scallops. Both were extremely tasty, and unfortunately left no room for desert. This place will definitely get another visit from us if we are ever in town again.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Always happy with the new years dinner here. It was a little crowded this year, and felt a touch rushed, but over all good experience.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Love the food, atmosphere(especially the outdoor lounge area) and the staff is amazingly great! What could be bad about cheese cake!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

While visiting Saugatuck MI, we happend upon Zing, which we thought was some joint with typical bar food and beer, but we were pleasantly surprised to find it was a more contemporary restaurant with excellent food and drinks.
We sat in the well decorated and cleverly illuminated Martini Longe. The bartender was friendly and attentive and was sure to let us know of the all the drinks they had. He made my wife a special drink that she loved. The food was great. I must say, I think I had the best fish sandwich I could remember.
As a bonus that night, there was a professional jazz trio of piano, bass and drums. It was like sitting around listening to Vicent Guaraldi, they were fantastic.
We will definitely visit Zing again the next time we're in Saugatuck.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Saugatuck Douglas has a number of very good restaurants, especially for an area this size, and Zing can be counted among them. My wife and I split the lobster rolls, which were excellent; I had the house burger and wife has the ribs, both were excellent. Bread is especially good. Cant speak to the martinis, which seem to be a house draw, but I can say the food and service were excellent.