“We love this place!”

The Pines Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My friend and I have returned to the Pines year after year because it is a great value, clean and a ideal location. It is a charming small motel whose host always welcomes us like family. We love this place.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I just got back from a weekend stay at the Pines. We will stay there again, no doubt about it. The staff (Steve) was very friendly was very accommodating of our late arrival. The room was clean, comfortable and charming. One thing that stood out to me was the maintenance of the entire property. Outside of the room, the common area in the middle of the parking lot, even the parking lot itself was clean! The entire place was immaculate and certainly added to our great experience during a weekend away in Douglas/Saugatuck.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My friends and I just returned from our vacation in Douglas/Saugatuck and stayed at The Pines. What a fun place! We each had a double full bed unit that was very roomy, immaculately clean and also included a microwave and fridge. The bed was comfortable and the decor of the room was 1950’s retro. Steve was always there to answer questions and gave us great suggestions for dinner and sightseeing. Thanks, Steve! We loved all your suggestions. We loved having Adirondack chairs in front of our units for quiet reading time and enjoyed using the large common deck where my friends and I had our cocktails before heading out for another round of shopping. The Pines serves a continental breakfast in the sun room where we congregated each morning. We love the uniqueness of The Pines and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is a charming motel, extremely clean, and we loved using the outdoor deck under the pine trees. Steve was so helpful...provided recommendations for dining and activities and was very responsive to any requests. We enjoyed meeting a few of the other guests and since there are not many rooms, the setting was quiet (except when the Church was having their lawn mowed!) and felt very private. This was a "girls getaway" and we all enjoyed our stay, highly recommend The Pines to others, and will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Rather than be redundant, let me just say that I echo every positive comment I have read. Everything exactly as described and promised. Staying here is a unique experience, which is to say that if you crave the predictable average-ness of a Hampton or a Red Roof, by all means stay there instead. But if you are looking for an experience that will stand out as you look back over the many places you may have stayed on your journeys, this is the place for you. Easy walking distance to downtown Douglas, slightly farther but eminently do-able walk into Saugatuck (or alternatively to the chain ferry that will get you there). Take advantage of Steve's knowledge of the area; dining recommendations were spot on. Great location, gracious host, Found the rooms to be spacious and the king bed to be awesome. The kind of place you'll go back to.(as many people do).

Room Tip: Room with king bed was quite spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This wonderful place can be graded on the 3 C's just like the diamond it is; Charm, Cleanliness and Comfort. The immaculately maintained property welcomed me like an old friend and put me at ease. Growing up and staying at places like this as a child, made me appreciate the modern take on the typical decor and amenities one would find in the nostalgic times of small roadside motels.
The room was spotless, the bedding and towels fresh and i had no qualms about walking barefoot on the carpet, germaphobe though I am. Steve, our gracious host provided a nice continental breakfast to start our day; coffee and danish to kick start the day and tide me over until my full breakfast in town.
My husband grew up in Saugatuck/Douglas and we have been taking weekend getaways here for years. So glad our usual B&B was full so we could discover our new favorite place. The Pine Motorlodge will be our go-to-place for years to come.

Room Tip: We had a corner unit and were very happy with it, but I don't think there's a poorly located...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Rooms are on the smaller side but it was clean and comfy. The bed was pretty comfortable and it was great to have a fridge and microwave in the room, too. The towels were a little scratchy so bring your own if you're particular about this. Overall, the room looked and felt nice, there were some minor improvements that could take place, like replacing/upgrading the shower curtain rod and the shower liner. The toilet was very loud! The parking lot noise was easy to hear, but it didn't bother us much. TV and free internet were great. The owners were very nice and we would certainly stay here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglas
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas
#1 of 10 in Saugatuck
The Saugatuck Retro Resort
The Saugatuck Retro Resort
#5 of 24 in Saugatuck

Been to The Pines Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!