“Totally relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Douglas
Rosemont Inn Resort B&B
Ranked #4 of 7 Douglas B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Second trip to this B and B. Very relaxing. Room a bit small, but outstanding spread for breakfast in a bright sunny room overlooking the pool and meditation garden. Hosts were truly friendly and accommodating. Overlooking Lake Michigan. Beautiful beach, heated pool, and spa with whirlpool and sauna. Love it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D3chicago
There are newer reviews for Rosemont Inn Resort B&B

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Enjoyable stay once again, great breakfast...disappointed that they no longer have the afternoon hor duerves..could use a little tlc in some areas but overall still a very nice adventure. Lots to do in Saugatuck...grab a bottle of wine and then bake it out in the sauna and hottub. You will defnately gain weight on this trip

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sparky1956
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at this quiet B & B style Inn. Although not directly on the lake, some of the rooms can see the lake peeking through the trees. The beach is a short walk across the street and down the stairs to the sandy beach. We appreciated that the Inn provided beach chairs, beach umbrellas, and towels for the beach. When the weather cooperates, as it did for us, you can't help but love this beach and it's expanse of sand as far as the eye can see.

The room itself (#12) featured a large and comfortable King sized bed, a gas fireplace, and a peek of blue water through the window. The room was great for us, though it is a tad on the small side. The bathroom is basic and the TV is really small and "old school" in this day and age. The WiFi worked well and was easy to use.

Breakfast was quite nice. A large buffet spread with several hot items greeted us both days. There was plenty of seating with options both inside and out. In addition to the tasty food, it was nice to have several newspapers to choose from: NY Times, USA today, Detroit, Chicago, and the WSJ. We also appreciated that breakfast ran until 10:00 AM.

The breakfast room also featured small snacks - trail mix, cookies and such, 24 hours a day. Plus there was lemonade and ice tea in the fridge all the time. The guests were also welcome to store a limited number of beverages in the refrigerator. Plenty of wine and beer glasses, openers, etc. were readily on hand.

The spa area was neat, clean and modern. The hot tub was in great shape and was inviting. The sauna was also in good shape and could be operated both wet and dry. The pool is on the small side and is outdoor. We appreciate the well-kept little garden and it's swinging bench and water features. A really bonus were the 3 speed bikes you could use at any time. We were able to zip down to a nearby restaurant on them.

The best feature, however, was the quiet. The road in front is narrow and not heavily traveled. Though we had the windows open, we never heard any traffic at night or did we hear any noise from neighboring rooms. And, if you are into fitness, there is nice walking and jogging right out the door.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BayernTrips
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I went here in August to celebrate our anniversary. From the time of check-in until check-out, I really felt like I had stepped into my favorite aunt's house. I love going there because she always has my favorite foods and does all the little extra things to let me know she appreciates having me there. Rosemont Inn is the same kind of place. From having granola, trail mix, teas and coffee in the dining area to munch on whenever, to having tasty warm appetizers at night to enjoy in the garden, to having breakfasts with so many choices in the morning, this inn really makes you feel pampered. The heart and soul of any bed-and-breakfast, however, are the owners. They are the ones who elevate a place from "a place to stay" to "a place where you feel welcome and at home". We appreciated that Peter and Pat always had time to chat or to suggest things to do in the area. They helped us find great places to go for both lunch and dinner. The location itself was so nice. It is situated in a quiet residential area with access to Lake Michigan right across the street. One of the special touches we liked was having cruiser bikes available to use. We biked around the immediate area and enjoyed the views of the lake. Our room was beautiful, and like I said in the title of this review, very cozy. My highest recommendation is that we are already trying to figure out when we will be able to go again next year. Hope you, too, have a chance to enjoy this special place!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MomofFour_10
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This B&B is absolutely wonderful. The owners Pieter and Pat were as nice as they could be, and the breakfast was not your standard continental breakfast. It was so delicious and filling, so much so that we ate a late lunch and were good for the day. The atmosphere is like you are staying with friends. There were always snacks and coffee and teas to be enjoyed. The rooms were small but very nice and clean. They are good with recommendations and direction. The property is well maintained and has many amenities such as sauna, jacuzzi, heated pool, bikes and beautiful gardens. Right across the street from the beach where the sunsets are gorgeous. We got a very good rate because it was after labor day. I stumbled onto this place and am so glad I did.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank love2nola
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It's disgusting to me that someone can down grade such an amazing inn, especially knowing that these two people who run the Inn do everything on their own. Can you imagine living in your own home where you need to not only meet customers expectations and needs, but your staffs needs and also, TRY to take time for yourself?

I can tell you from experience and as an eye witness, that the incident Debee (down below) has described is completely misleading. The owner, Pat, has enough respect for herself, guests and her staff to not loose her temper in such a manner that was explained. Wouldn't you think it would be a novel idea to repremand your emloyees for not listening to a boss' instructions?

Regardless of what previous and untrue experiences a disgruntled ex-employee has, this Inn has got to be the most wonderful one I have ever been too, and believe you me, I've worked in and visited many. I have found that this inn also follows the Health Departments rules and regulations much more closely than any restaurant I have worked in, and makes it their number one priority that guests and their health come first.

Before entering the Rosemont you will already find yourself in a more calm state of mind due to the scenic pond, beautiful beach and amazing views. Upon entering, with your calm state of mind, you will come to meet loving, caring and hardworking Innkeepers.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Kelsey C
Reviewed August 17, 2011

It's a pretty place, right across the road from the beach - and therefore steps away from beautiful sunsets in the evening. It's probably larger than most B&B's with 15 or so rooms, although we it didn't feel over-crowded. The owners are very nice, and I liked the fact that they have beach towels, chairs and umbrellas for your use too. One of the main reasons we chose this B&B over others was because they had king sized beds instead of queen which is what you generally find at other B&B's in the area.

However, the much hyped breakfast is average at best - we tried it the first morning and then decided to go out for breakfast thereafter. The rooms are fine, although the king sized bed we had was not terribly comfortable. The bathrooms are small and very outdated. Very basic. There is a general smell of food that wafts up from the kitchen below. I did enjoy sitting outside in the garden area, watching the butterflies and hummingbirds amongst the beautiful flowers - I felt this was the best part of the Inn. We sat by the pool one afternoon which was relaxing - it is basic but clean. But overall I thought the place was overpriced for what you got.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BlueJ110
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglas
Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast
#4 of 24 in Saugatuck
Twin Oaks Inn
Twin Oaks Inn
#1 of 24 in Saugatuck

Been to Rosemont Inn Resort B&B? Share your experiences!