“Great food”

Quincy's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Dollar Bay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 12, 2016

Atmosphere mining; comfortable seats, quiet area, cut back up side road for back way to airport; service good; great fries

Reviewed April 10, 2016

Stopped in for a Taco Pizza on a Sunday. Restaurant maybe a quarter full. After ordering, it took at least 1/2 hours to receive food. Pizza was cold. Flagged down waitress and complained. She was very nice and apologized. Told her that we were done waiting and wanted to leave. Paid for drinks and will walking out the manager said that she was going to call the police??? Never again, young kids managing the business with no concept that the customer is the reason for there business.

Reviewed February 23, 2016

Never been there before, and I wanted to have some Lake Superior whitefish while I was in the UP. Four of us stopped in for dinner last Sunday evening, about an hour before closing. The place was about half full, with a nice ambiance.

First we waited 20 minutes for the waitress to come to our table. She brought a bottle of ketchup and a bowl of butter patties, no water or menus or placemats or cutlery. We ordered a round of local KBC beers, and water. After the beers were delivered, we waited another 20 minutes to get menus.

Two of us ordered the lemon pepper whitefish; one ordered a Reuben; and one ordered a burger. We all ordered soup - three French onion and one chicken noodle.

Another 20 minutes goes by. Mind you, we've been here an hour now and we've been served one round of beers, no food. Good thing we weren't in any hurry, and we were all in good moods.

Then the soups come out, and I have to admit they were phenomenal. I really like French onion soup, and this was probably the best I've had in 25+ years. Obviously made-from-scratch, great flavor, served hot, and the cheese was perfectly browned. The chicken noodle soup was home-made too, I am guessing even the noodles, but it was served a little on the cool side.

The entrees arrive soon after, and I wish I could say they were as good as the soups. We ordered another 1/2 round of beers.

We were surprised that the lemon pepper whitefish was prepared with a generous sprinkling of paprika. At first I thought the kitchen made a mistake (the other choice on the menu was cajun spice whitefish), but I was told by the waitress that this is how they prepare it. I am dubious, but once you get past the orange color from the paprika, the lemon pepper flavor does come through. Otherwise, the fish was a bit mushy, obviously made from frozen fillets, not fresh. The veggies looked overcooked (pale), but were actually crunchy and tasty. I had the wild rice, which was excellent; I wish the fish was as good as the rice.

The Reuben sandwich was stacked with a generous portion of corned beef, Swiss, and sauerkraut on marbled rye bread. It would have been perfect if the kitchen had drained the sauerkraut before they built the sandwich. But they didn't drain it, so the bottom slice was a soggy mess.

The mushroom & Swiss burger looked good, but it was a bit on the rare side (ordered medium rare, the outside was charred but the center was bloody/cold) and the waffle fries were a treat we don't get very often.

The beers arrive when we're nearly done with the entrees. What could possibly take so long to pour beers when the place is now nearly empty?

At the end, the waitress gets chatty and starts paying attention to us. She must have sensed that her tip was on the line.......

In the end, I can't really recommend Quincy's, and especially not at the prices charged. And DO NOT go if you're in a hurry. From the time we walked in the door until we left, it took an hour and fifty minutes.

Reviewed February 22, 2016

We recently were the UP for a snowmobiling trip with another couple. We stopped at Quincy's for a late dinner, the food was delicious. I ate the homemade chili and also jalapeno poppers for dinner. Both were GREAT. My husband ate the pasta trio which has homemade sauce, and he was very content after the meal! The service was excellent, and the waitress was a doll! I would come back to Quincy's next time we come up for our snowmobile trip.

1  Thank Kelli S
Reviewed February 19, 2016 via mobile

We loved this place! Food was delicious. Fun atmosphere. Best service yet this trip! They have daily food specials too. Better check it out!!!

1  Thank NCruise0130