“Nice place for a stop over in Lansing”

Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in DeWitt
Warsaw, Indiana
“Nice place for a stop over in Lansing”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We travel to northern Michigan often and have returned several times to this motel in northern Lansing. It's convenient to the interstate, has good family dining close by and also has refueling stations to get us up and on our way the next day. The facility is clean, the staff is pleasant and "Can do" and we always have a quiet night of rest. We'll stay here again as we pass thru Lansing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
mi701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Craig,
I am happy to hear that our hotel is conveniently located for you. It is nice to hear that you always enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dayton
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel looks nice enough, but there are some serious issues. One there is no bath tub at all. Just a big shower stall that is really odd. And then there is no indoor pool area. Also the beds are quite hard, but that is not the worst of it. We were placed near the end of the hallway with other people on every side and across the hall. The noise all night long was terrible. The parking lot was almost empty so I am assuming they save better rooms for their regular business travelers and probably spread them out. It is not sound proof at all. Doors were opening and closing all night and people knocking on them. Then I could hear a TV all night long that was left on. It sounded as though it was in my room. Other people flushing the toilet and showering sounded the same way. It was so miserable I called down and changed my wake up call to later hoping it would get better. But whoever was watching TV stayed up all night or left it on all night. And I got no sleep at all nor did my son. I went down to get breakfast at 6:15 am and it was the most horrible tasting food I have ever tasted. I did not eat it and went back to the room and we packed up and left even though I had requested a late check out~! The manager did refund 1/2 my money but even with that it was not worth it at all. They front desk people were very nice however. The only plus at this hotel. The general manager was supposed to email me and they never did.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from others as you can get
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
mi701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Deedee M,
I would like to apologize to you for not enjoying your stay with us. The front desk attendant would have loved to have helped you with this situation. If she had known you were having problems she would have went out of her way to assist you in any way that she could have. As you said we were not full that night and she would have been happy to put you in a quiet room with a tub. I am sorry that even though I did give you a partial refund that I was not able to help you more with the issues that you had. If only we had known sooner we may have been able to prevent such an awful stay for you and your son. I would also like you to know that the General Manager did try to contact you but was unable to. There was no e-mail address left for him to contact you or an active phone number.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stay at this property for business every 6 weeks and its terrific. Great location with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Quiet location, great breakfast and excellent free Wi-Fi are just a few of the reasons I keep coming back. Did I mention the stellar people that work here? Mark on the night desk and Jessica during the days are friendly and professional. They are more than willing to make your stay pleasant.

Room Tip: Because I have 3 rolling bags (briefcase and printer) , I always request first floor. Backside of bu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
mi701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Suzanne,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that the location and other amenities are the reasons you keep coming back. We are always happy to see your smiling face.
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I travel often for business and a regular at this hotel. Rooms are always clean and in good shape. The staff is great and very helpful. They go above and beyond. The only problems i have had have been minor and very rare, and they have been dealt with quickly, professionally and politely. i highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
mi701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for the review. I am glad that any minor problems that you have had have been taken care of quickly. We are always glad to see you each week and are very happy that you continue to stay at our hotel.
DeWitt
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at our local Sleep Inn while displaced by recent storms. I had to speak with Jesse several times, before I finally booked the room. Each time she was unfailingly polite, professional and very willing to help. This despite I could tell the phones were ringing off the hook and she appeared to be the only person at the desk. When we checked in later that day, she was still working, still wonderful, even with the line to check in was four people long. As I was told later, she personally booked 50 reservations that day, as our whole community was without power. Later that night I spoke with I believe, Jenn, at the front desk, who was also very nice. The room itself was very well decorated and looked bigger than it was. Very clean and with a number of amenities (microwave, small refridgerator, coffee maker). Yet all were tucked away, so it didn't appear to be an all in one studio apartment. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor, if you are physically challenged. Only 2 floors, but no elevator. Adjoining...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
mi701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Janey,

Thank you for the review. I agree we do have great hotel staff. They are really great at handling busy situations and still making sure our guests feel welcome. As well as making sure our guests have a clean, enjoyable stay.

We have recently remodeled the hotel and am glad that you enjoyed the microwave and refridgerator that are now available in all of our rooms.

We look forward to seeing you return in the future.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We used the Sleep Inn in DeWitt as our centralized location for multiple family and friends to stay for a wedding in St. John's, Michigan. The manager, Mike, was so very helpful in booking/reserving rooms and changing them as needed, while keeping it all very organized. Once everyone arrived, the staff were very helpful and accommodating to multiple out-of-town guests asking questions and they would steer us in the right direction. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. There is a huge store and restaurant within walking distance. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back on the first floor by the pool, not too noisy but I guess it could be.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank oaks12pl
Thank You for the review. I am glad that you all had a great experience with the hotel. The staff at the hotel know how important it is to the guests, that we know the area well. Being located next door to Meijers (large store) and Bob Evans (restaurant) is just part of the amenities we offer here at the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.
St.Johns
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I cannot tell you how the rooms were, I did not stay the night, but be cautious if you ever try to book a room for someone as a gift, and it is okayed, somehow the communication between the owner and manager was lost, and they played the blame game with me. And then they not only charged me they charged the ones we were giving the present to. $188.46, I refer that as double dipping, and then I got a rude phone call from the owner/manager saying it was a lack of communication on my part. I booked a room and needed to pay for it, Sure I booked a room for someone else as a present, not me. He should have talked to his assistant manager about this, I asked her twice and our son in law had called to find out if this was okay as well, they assured us it was. I paid up front, had not intentions on staying there, it was a surprise present, Sure was a surprise, we were both charged! It is a great location for us, but I will never do business with them again, they could have made this right, but chose not to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Emily M
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you feel this way about the hotel. The staff was not told it was a surprise. They were under the impression that the guests that were going to be stayin in the room knew. Unfortunately the guest you wanted to surprise made their own reservations. The only way this could have been avoided is if the guests were told ahead of time so that they didn't book their own reservation. Which unfortunetley it would no longer be a surprise. We have people come in all the time who pay for rooms for other people and there are no problems. That is because the people know when they arrive that the room is already paid for.
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeWitt
American Inn and Suites Lansing-Dewitt
Red Roof Inn Lansing West
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt? Share your experiences!