“Staff is excellent, no complaints”

Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in DeWitt
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We used the Sleep Inn in DeWitt as our centralized location for multiple family and friends to stay for a wedding in St. John's, Michigan. The manager, Mike, was so very helpful in booking/reserving rooms and changing them as needed, while keeping it all very organized. Once everyone arrived, the staff were very helpful and accommodating to multiple out-of-town guests asking questions and they would steer us in the right direction. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. There is a huge store and restaurant within walking distance. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back on the first floor by the pool, not too noisy but I guess it could be.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank oaks12pl
mi701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank You for the review. I am glad that you all had a great experience with the hotel. The staff at the hotel know how important it is to the guests, that we know the area well. Being located next door to Meijers (large store) and Bob Evans (restaurant) is just part of the amenities we offer here at the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I cannot tell you how the rooms were, I did not stay the night, but be cautious if you ever try to book a room for someone as a gift, and it is okayed, somehow the communication between the owner and manager was lost, and they played the blame game with me. And then they not only charged me they charged the ones we were giving the present to. $188.46, I refer that as double dipping, and then I got a rude phone call from the owner/manager saying it was a lack of communication on my part. I booked a room and needed to pay for it, Sure I booked a room for someone else as a present, not me. He should have talked to his assistant manager about this, I asked her twice and our son in law had called to find out if this was okay as well, they assured us it was. I paid up front, had not intentions on staying there, it was a surprise present, Sure was a surprise, we were both charged! It is a great location for us, but I will never do business with them again, they could have made this right, but chose not to.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Emily M

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you feel this way about the hotel. The staff was not told it was a surprise. They were under the impression that the guests that were going to be stayin in the room knew. Unfortunately the guest you wanted to surprise made their own reservations. The only way this could have been avoided is if the guests were told ahead of time so that they didn't book their own reservation. Which unfortunetley it would no longer be a surprise. We have people come in all the time who pay for rooms for other people and there are no problems. That is because the people know when they arrive that the room is already paid for.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and found this to be a typical sleep inn - clean and basically comfortable, but nothing special. Room would benefit from a recliner or easy chair. We did not try the breakfast. Accessible bathroom was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013

Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and suitable for the night. We do have upgraded rooms that have lounge chairs for more comfortable seating at night. I do hope that you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were flying out of Lansing Capital City Airport early and chose to stay here based on its proximity to the airport. We arrived late evening, went straight to our room, and got up early the next morning. Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Nothing special but worked great for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CadillacCouple

CadillacCouple
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your very brief stay with us. We are very close to the Capitol City Airport and have many guests stay here because of that. We hope that the next time you fly you think of the great staff and the clean rooms here at the hotel.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a convenient location, close to Lansing, but not part of the busyness of Lansing. The staff was friendly and it was quiet. The continental breakfast was so-so. But there is a Bob Evans right across the parking lot, if your husband will let you buy breakfast when there is a free one!! (Good luck with that!!)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter in late June and she had posted the following in regard to our stay:

When we got to our room it smelled like smoke even though it was non-smoking. There was a clump of soap/shampoo on the floor in the shower and there was a used condom wrapper next to the bed! When I let the front desk know they said they would let the manager know and didn't do anything else about it!

I received a call from the manager on July 7 and, after a lengthy conversation, was told he would credit one night stay back to my credit card. He then asked if I would have my daughter delete the review she placed on this site. I told him once the credit was received I would see if that was possible or we would update the review with his resolution to the problems with the room. It is now August 15 and I have yet to see any credit from them on my card. I never asked them for a thing yet he said he felt really bad that July 7 was the first he was hearing about this issue. Lesson learned...Do not trust that management will keep their word and DO NOT STAY HERE!.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far from the breakfast area as possible.
Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews from this website and was not disappointed. The hotel is older and somewhat small but newly remodeled and very clean. The front desk staff was friendly and very knowledgeable about local places to eat. I travel a great deal for work and this hotel passed all three of my inspections: 1. No signs of bed bugs!! This place was very clean. 2. A clean shower/bathroom - I cannot stand finding stray hairs, dust bunnies and the like in the bathroom area. Again, very well taken care of. 3. A working A/C unit.

The only thing I did not enjoy was the noise from the hall and room next to ours but it was quiet at night and I would stay here again if I get the chance.

Room Tip: No king beds on the second floor so prioritize accordingly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeWitt
American Inn and Suites Lansing-Dewitt
#1 of 26 in Lansing
The Pines Country Inn
The Pines Country Inn
#1 of 3 in Owosso

Been to Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt? Share your experiences!