“Nice option but smoky and over priced”

Palette Dining Studio
Ranked #370 of 1,109 Restaurants in Detroit
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Nice option but smoky and over priced”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I really have no complaints other than it was very pricey ($32 per person) and we sat in the front and the smoke really filtered in. For being a non-smoker, I was not thrilled that we smelled like smoke in our clothing and hair when we got back to our room. I did not stop and play any slots. Simply walked through casino and into buffet. Food was above average, but still not worth the price. For the price, I expected alot more seafood and hot selections. But dessert bar however was extemely nice and they had a very different variety than you normally see on buffets. I did enjoy the cooks making the salad for me and the meat being cooked on the spot if chosen.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tiffanie U

• Korean first
Novi, Michigan
“Not so great”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I have dined here several times, always for dinner, mainly due to limited dining options. The selection of food is less than in the past. If you like seafood and Asian food, you will probably like it. I don't like seafood and don't find the prepared Asian food selections to be pleasing. I have never tried the Mongolian BBQ station. I also don't like that you can no longer make your own salad. Many members of the wait staff and salad station don't appear to like their jobs. We waited approximately 10 minutes just to have someone ask what our drink selection was, and then it was another 10 minutes before the drinks came. Never saw that person again, so we were not offered refills. We find the cost to be high for the selection of foods offered.

• Visited September 2013
Plymouth, Michigan
“It's okay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The price for dinner is a little expensive but it is all you can eat so I guess it's a tradeoff ....seems like they are getting cheaper for instance once they had really good fresh oysters...but they stopped serving them....the Chinese section is pretty good, especially the Mongolian BBQ station

Visited November 2012
Fremont, Ohio
“Good selection, tasty food.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and this included dinner for two at the buffet. We are not normally "buffet people" for dinner, but this one was excellent. We started with some soup and salad, then tried the "fish" station, oysters on the half shell, peel & eat and fried shrimp, teriyaki salmon, all nice and not a bit "fishy". Onto the Chinese station for some goodies and then the American with roast turkey, pork ribs, beef, mashed potatos etc. We saved room for desert and sampled many different items. Finally I enjoyed a made to order crepe, which was great.

We thought that the food was fresh and tasty and that there was an excellent variety. As stated, although we do not normally eat dinner at buffets, this one was a very pleasant surprise.

• Visited September 2013
Landover, Maryland
“Hugh Variety of Good Food”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love everything about this. At dinner I stuffed myself with a taste of nearly everything. Breakfast was good too.

Visited August 2013