“Not so great”

Ranked #472 of 1,144 Restaurants in Detroit
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I have dined here several times, always for dinner, mainly due to limited dining options. The selection of food is less than in the past. If you like seafood and Asian food, you will probably like it. I don't like seafood and don't find the prepared Asian food selections to be pleasing. I have never tried the Mongolian BBQ station. I also don't like that you can no longer make your own salad. Many members of the wait staff and salad station don't appear to like their jobs. We waited approximately 10 minutes just to have someone ask what our drink selection was, and then it was another 10 minutes before the drinks came. Never saw that person again, so we were not offered refills. We find the cost to be high for the selection of foods offered.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The price for dinner is a little expensive but it is all you can eat so I guess it's a tradeoff ....seems like they are getting cheaper for instance once they had really good fresh oysters...but they stopped serving them....the Chinese section is pretty good, especially the Mongolian BBQ station

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and this included dinner for two at the buffet. We are not normally "buffet people" for dinner, but this one was excellent. We started with some soup and salad, then tried the "fish" station, oysters on the half shell, peel & eat and fried shrimp, teriyaki salmon, all nice and not a bit "fishy". Onto the Chinese station for some goodies and then the American with roast turkey, pork ribs, beef, mashed potatos etc. We saved room for desert and sampled many different items. Finally I enjoyed a made to order crepe, which was great.

We thought that the food was fresh and tasty and that there was an excellent variety. As stated, although we do not normally eat dinner at buffets, this one was a very pleasant surprise.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love everything about this. At dinner I stuffed myself with a taste of nearly everything. Breakfast was good too.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I have been to the buffet at MGM Detroit numerous times in the past several years. We had not been in a while and were looking forward to going again. I usually only write positive reviews, but this place has declined so much I felt I needed to call them out. We don't expect fine dining here, just reasonably tasty choices. I will say the short rib chili and the salad bar were very good, and the service was fine. Everything else was mediocre to poor. Maybe we are spoiled by some of the better buffets in Las Vegas such as the Bellagio that we have also visited many times. Breaded fried shrimp was cold and rubbery. Salmon Teriyaki looked promising but was quite dry. There were not many choices for a Saturday lunch time. Meatloaf was bland. Fried chicken was good and the vegetable sides were OK. The meat at the carving station looked very dry, so we id not even try it. Desserts were few choices and just OK. Bread pudding looked like it had been sitting out for hours.The prices did not match the quality either. $22.00 price should have been about $9.95 for the poor quality. We will not be going back, and I cannot recommend this place to anyone.