“It's okay”

Dining options: Buffet
Plymouth, Michigan
“It's okay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The price for dinner is a little expensive but it is all you can eat so I guess it's a tradeoff ....seems like they are getting cheaper for instance once they had really good fresh oysters...but they stopped serving them....the Chinese section is pretty good, especially the Mongolian BBQ station

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Fremont, Ohio
“Good selection, tasty food.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and this included dinner for two at the buffet. We are not normally "buffet people" for dinner, but this one was excellent. We started with some soup and salad, then tried the "fish" station, oysters on the half shell, peel & eat and fried shrimp, teriyaki salmon, all nice and not a bit "fishy". Onto the Chinese station for some goodies and then the American with roast turkey, pork ribs, beef, mashed potatos etc. We saved room for desert and sampled many different items. Finally I enjoyed a made to order crepe, which was great.

We thought that the food was fresh and tasty and that there was an excellent variety. As stated, although we do not normally eat dinner at buffets, this one was a very pleasant surprise.

• Visited September 2013
Landover, Maryland
“Hugh Variety of Good Food”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love everything about this. At dinner I stuffed myself with a taste of nearly everything. Breakfast was good too.

Visited August 2013
New Hudson MI
“Gone Downhill”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I have been to the buffet at MGM Detroit numerous times in the past several years. We had not been in a while and were looking forward to going again. I usually only write positive reviews, but this place has declined so much I felt I needed to call them out. We don't expect fine dining here, just reasonably tasty choices. I will say the short rib chili and the salad bar were very good, and the service was fine. Everything else was mediocre to poor. Maybe we are spoiled by some of the better buffets in Las Vegas such as the Bellagio that we have also visited many times. Breaded fried shrimp was cold and rubbery. Salmon Teriyaki looked promising but was quite dry. There were not many choices for a Saturday lunch time. Meatloaf was bland. Fried chicken was good and the vegetable sides were OK. The meat at the carving station looked very dry, so we id not even try it. Desserts were few choices and just OK. Bread pudding looked like it had been sitting out for hours.The prices did not match the quality either. $22.00 price should have been about $9.95 for the poor quality. We will not be going back, and I cannot recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Omelettes”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stefan, at the omelette bar, was one of the highlights of my stay in Detroit; he was always warm and friendly...and made great omelettes. The fruit bar was always tasty and the staff friendly.

Visited July 2013